Beach Buggy at last!

ukeking

I have just completed the re-issued Beach Buggy. What a lovely model! I did not buy one when I was a kid and it was new on the market, which for years I was annoyed about, but having built one now, I am glad I didn't! Some of the parts are incredibly fiddly, and it's not always clear from the instructions how parts should go. Any chance of after-sales doing photo-etch replacements? But for all the fiddling, it is a lovely, pretty model. I may be forced to build another one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Very much not "snap and glue" - The engine/transaxle comprises 14 parts (from memory) without including the parts for the swing(ing) wink axle and rear suspension (another 3 each side plus the engine bearer and chassis spine for another 8), the engine undertray, rear nudge bar, passenger compartment floor...

Looks pretty cool mate, what I would describe as a fun model. It reminds me of some snap n lock type models maybe from days before. I assume this one required glue though, while providing showroom ready bodywork!

Thanks, very much an enjoyable build. As said, not snap'n'glue but a good kit and it went together well.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...