Build query

alecras234

Hi my name is Ash, im 43 and from Wales. I'm disabled and use a wheelchair, i enjoy scale modelling and a mate of mine bought me the Airfix tiger1 early version operation citadel in 1 35 scales as i can handle bigger pieces. What is the build like please, does it go together easily, are there a lot of parts, that's what's putting me off the build the amount of parts. Thanks.

I've never built the particular kit you mention but I definitely wouldn't be too bothered about the parts count. I always find that if in doubt follow the instructions carefully and things will turn out OK. Just take things one step at a time and eventually things will take shape. I remember when I was about ten I tackled a large scale galleon, which was a bit intimidating but turned out OK. Same again a couple of years later with a 1/24 spitfire. Pictures of completed models will be available on-line for reference. Good Luck.

• 4 weeks later...

Think of the complexity of an aircraft carrier. How is that built? One bit at a time. Models are the same. Stick one bit to the next and you'll get it done. Be sure you understand the instructions as these will help you.

Once you get more experience you'll find you'll develop your own preferences when it comes to setting out the order of things.