Bentley 1/12 fabric

Redpiperbob

Ok, this is an odd one. The actual cars had metal hoods and chassis rails, fabric covered but painted bodywork, and wood "armour" over the metal fuel tank, all painted in "British racing green". Humbrol "Brunswick Green" is a good tonal match for the shade that the car Airfix based the kit on is painted, but the bodywork is less glossy than the hood, chassis and fuel tank. My best suggestion would be to paint everything gloss, apply race numbers and.or Union flags if using, and then give the bodywork a light coat of matt varnish.

Hi there I have a Bentley 1.12 scale and would like some advice on what fabric to use on the outside of the body work. Has anyone done this before an if so what material did you use.

I've not done the big Bentley just the smaller 1/32 cars.

Because of scale you need the finest weave you can find. Even the finest silk is too coarse.

I used non-patterned tissue paper carefully glued on for fabric bodies and hoods/roofs.

I did it in sections. If you have to do, say, one section on the side and bring it around the rear of the body, do not cut the edge where the new section will be added. Carefully tear the edge, then when its glued on the join will disappear. A cut edge stands out like the San Andreas fault line

afair the last time I did a vintage car roof I used water-proof PVA glue to adhere the tissue paper. I prime painted the roof first and this gave the glue and tissue paper something to grab on to

Work slowly and carefully and you can get a good result

btw, I use standard paper masking tape for floor carpets in my model cars. It has just enough texture