Wishing all our International Customers & Friends a Merry Christmas

Tim M

And a happy and safe Christmas to you and the team also.
I'm looking forward to seeing what the 2022 programme brings and have a sneaking suspicion that Santa will be bringing me an Electrotren 321! slightly_smiling_face

My present just arrived too! Now I just have to wrap it and advise my wife what she is giving me!

forum_image_61b9eb8aaff27.thumb.png.337697cf8964ba156df9c5d0fe503a70.png

shorturl.at/eoKL4

Lima HL2662 TrenNord E464

Santa was on top form this year and managed to slip an Electrotren ALCo 321 down the chimney. Factory equipped with a Lokpilot V4 into a 21pin socket giving full lighting options and selectable fan. I haven't yet put on the accessories, but there are roof mounted horns and rear view mirrors to come. I have ditched the NEM360 for a Kadee. I will wait until the new year before giving it a week long IPA bath. I have something special planned for this one!!!

forum_image_61c825b6dc9da.thumb.png.57e4f092cded38b757b4fef4ed3db216.png

One bit of feedback from this release. I much preferred when they were boxed with the class number on the box end and top. I would have also liked the box to stay the same size. Many model boxes are unnecessarily large these days.

forum_image_61c825c3b3bf0.thumb.png.a23b3ab6e566f8c1deaaa76ea771bfb2.png

Oh, I have noticed the mistake on the blue one......!yum

All the Electrotren powered models I have - locos and EMU/DMUs - are superb runners. Almost silent at a crawl and decent haulage when required. The ones I have are either Lokpilot/Sound equipped as originally sold or fitted with Lenzs Std+ or Silver. They make up the bulk of my acquisitions over the last decade.

Recently I got an ESU Cl66. It has a diecast body, sound, smoke and all the bells and whistles. I don't think it runs as smoothly as my Electrotren Co-Cos.