Water effects

FBS

forum_image_62ab6b49293a1.thumb.png.49614291879e564e7870c3dcef1cebba.png

i have just made my 1st Diorama and need a bit of advise please. To seal all the scenery in place can I use mod podge? If so do I dilute it 1st? Also i have also bought some woodland scenic realistic water to pour the river. Can I pour that on top if I’ve sealed rocks with mod podge and if so can you layer it for deeper water.

TIA

Thanks mate will do. I’m just really happy with how the diorama is looking and don’t want to make a hash of the water effect. I’ve done some test pours and think i may have cracked it

• 1 year later...

@FBS how did this turn out? I do love a water scene but find it has many new challenges. 

IMG_0720.thumb.jpeg.dc91e548ee1dd9350402dc8098643ced.jpeg

I had a go at building a canal for a Pegasus Bridge effect and couldn’t at first work out why the fluid wouldn’t set. I then found out that working on it in the loft during winter was the issue as the fluid required a 20 degree environment. I returned to it in the summer and it worked wonderfully.

IMG_0721.thumb.jpeg.b7652886bb7f421b27fbf0949c670e9f.jpeg

However, I’ve also found if it’s too warm, as it was last year, the fluid dries too fast and you can get waves where you didn’t intend them! This is what I found when making a Malayan jungle Medivac scene with an Airfix Sycamore 🤦‍♂️

Looking forward to seeing how you got on 😁

• Like 1

Fabulous! I love the addition of the inflatable.

And yes, the Pegasus bridge diorama is massive and so will now never leave the loft unless I can remove the roof 😂

Here’s a little video I made of it using soundtrack from The Longest Day 🎬 

• Like 2

On 04/03/2024 at 09:02, Tour de Airfix said:

@FBS how did this turn out? I do love a water scene but find it has many new challenges. 

IMG_0720.thumb.jpeg.dc91e548ee1dd9350402dc8098643ced.jpeg

I had a go at building a canal for a Pegasus Bridge effect and couldn’t at first work out why the fluid wouldn’t set. I then found out that working on it in the loft during winter was the issue as the fluid required a 20 degree environment. I returned to it in the summer and it worked wonderfully.

IMG_0721.thumb.jpeg.b7652886bb7f421b27fbf0949c670e9f.jpeg

However, I’ve also found if it’s too warm, as it was last year, the fluid dries too fast and you can get waves where you didn’t intend them! This is what I found when making a Malayan jungle Medivac scene with an Airfix Sycamore 🤦‍♂️

Looking forward to seeing how you got on 😁

Airfix Sycamore ???   you've baffled me with this one!