kits with figures

alecras234

As far as I remember none of the small scale Airfix tanks come with figures

The German Armoured Car has three figures

The 88mm gun and Halftrack has some crew figures as does the Bren Gun Carrier and the 25lb Gun and Quad

You don't have to use any photo-etch if you don't want to. The photo-etch is only to supplement the kit parts but you can just not use the p-e

As Frederick says there are a number of small scale kits that come with figures, its not that difficult to modify them into tank crew. It could be a good idea to buy after market figure accessories. The various 'Tank rider and crew' sets by the firm of 'Hat' are quite good and currently available on e-bay, they are reasonably priced as well. Hope you find something suitable.

• 4 weeks later...

The current series of 1/72-1/76 tanks that Airfix are selling do not contain crew figures. Some of the 1/35 range (ex Academy) have figures included in the boxes. I do know that the Tiger 1 (late and mid versions) contain a commander figure and the Jagdpanzer 38 T "Hetzers" (early and late versions) have each got two crew figures. Beyond that, I'm not sure if you can get any other tank crew "in the boxes". As someone else has stated here though, tank crew figures at 1/35 are readily available from other "well known" manufacturers...As an aside, if you can afford it the Mystery Tank Bundle (three 1/35 tanks for £75) is well worth the investment, especially as I assume that you're a club member and will get, at least 10% off.

• 1 month later...