Railmaster onto windows 11

Yes you can.

First de-register RM on your old machine, then connect your eLink/Elite to your new PC and install the Windows driver for it, not the driver in RM, then install latest RM version from the link at the top of the forum and re-register it. The de-register/re-register process is in the manual.

More detail is in FAQ1 in the sticky post at the top of this forum.

Don’t forget to copy across your track-plan, loco database and programs files etc as listed in those FAQs. This will save you having to re-enter them all.

You can back these up from your old computer easily using chrissaf's script. It's a good idea, going forward, to keep these backed up, especially as you are using a new computer with a new operating system.

• 9 months later...

I can't get my Railmaster to connect to my e-link, I'm on Windows 11 and it has been flaky but now it just will not see the e-link.

Paul

Mod note - you need to start your own thread rather than hi-Jack an irrelevant thread. This topic has been covered several times on this forum, so a search for eLink may turn up some answers, else someone will be along to help you out.

Work your way through the step by step instructions in the Railmaster FAQ1 tutorial. This tutorial is located in the "RailMaster FAQ Index" pinned sticky thread at the top of the Railmaster forum.

If that fails to resolve your issue, then go to the "RailMaster Help Site" link for that is also at the top of the RM forum.

Don't try uninstalling RM, as uninstalling & reinstalling RM never fixes this issue.

Note that the tutorial is written for W10, but the guidance is good for all versions of Windows from 7 through to 11.

Note also that FAQ1 is written primarily for users performing first time installation, but much of the guidance can be used for fixing communication issues on an existing installation.