Order status field 'processing'

I placed a pre-order for Lion (R30232). The order status was marked "pending". That made reasonable sense.

Lion arrived at Hornby. My payment was taken, and the order status changed to "processing". That made reasonable sense.

The package left Hornby's hands, and into the shippers hands. I know because DHL told me. Hornby did NOT. My order status remained "processing". What?

DHL flew my order over the Atlantic Ocean, got it through US customs and into my hands! Signed for! Very, very exciting. I've just checked my order status. "Processing". Okay, that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

The status field should reflect "shipped" when in the shipping firm hands and --> Hornby <-- should provide me with a tracking number. When the order is delivered, the order status should say "delivered". This is exactly how other firms do it.

Given Hornby's overt statement in their annual report to grow the online business, Hornby should have a world class website to match. It makes zero sense to tell me my order is "processing" AFTER delivery. Exactly what is Hornby processing!?

Mind, this is not a complaint over Lion. It is an issue over how customers are informed during the process. I am thrilled with Lion and have left a very positive review. I will see how that process works as I go.

Hello Roger

I am very new here and to modeling in general but I have had a decades long armchair fascination with the Liverpool and Manchester Railway.

Perhaps I misunderstood. Do Messrs Hornby not see Forum comments? I have a very positive view of Hornby and am simply trying to assist in their endeavors.

Would you mind directing me to the appropriate feedback mechanism. Appreciated and thanks in advance!

We are told that the forum is monitored regularly by Hornby Admin. but there is nothing better than contacting them direct using one of the Contact Us links provided.

https://support.hornby.com/hc/en-gb/sections/360004179419-Contact-Us

Your comments have been passed by a Moderator to the Admin. team but it would do no harm for you to supplement this with your personal input. From the horses mouth and all that.

R-

To be fair the header for this forum suggests it is monitored by Hornby and that comment should be posted on the forum...

”...We are constantly working on the Hornby Forum and website to improve the experience for our users. If you experience any problems, or have a suggestion, please use this forum to let us know....”

I have received an update from Hornby on this issue. My belief is that Hornby will get ahead of this. This is a data processing problem, with known resolutions. It will just take time to execute and test the solution.

I have another preorder pending for R40371 Huskinson. Therefore, I will have a method of measuring Hornby's progress towards goal.

The text of Hornby's update follows

÷÷÷÷÷

Hello Xxxxxx

Thank you for your email

Sorry for this frustrating glitch. We are aware of it and we have informed the web team who are working on it. 

Really glad you have received your Lion and that you are pleased with it

Best wishes

Xxxxxxx Xxxxxx

Trade Sales Administrator

Hornby Hobbies Ltd, Westwood Ind Estate, Enterprise Road, Margate, CT9 4JX