Hornby TT1:120 in the flesh

frey-1222498

@Nick

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that they look quite good. However, balance weights on the loco driving wheels are in the wrong place! I hope that this is rectified on the production items.

Mod note - this has already been noted elsewhere on the forum and Hornby state it is an pre-production error.

@Stephen

Moderator Note:

It is in your own interest to have a unique user name. 

Could you please select ‘My Account’ towards the top right hand corner of your screen, then Community and choose a nickname in the ‘My Profile' tab, rather than your First name that has been automatically allocated by the system. We had hoped a Forum change was coming to prevent this automatic allocation but a manual change is required at the moment and there will be more than one member with your name. This request together with some other information for new posters is contained in a thread at the top of the General Discussion section called ‘Information for new members registering for the Forum’

• 4 weeks later...

Actually it now appears that it was a production issue. Anyway, glad that it's being sorted. Would rather wait then get something, which to me at least, is fundamentally wrong.

Doesn't say much for their quality control though.

Mod note - quality control would only be looking to see if it was built to spec. If the spec is wrong then . . .

OK I'm going to make some enemies with this reply.

This has nothing to do with quality control

I'm sick and tired and fed up of all the Hornby bashing going on in this forum and other sites on Google.

If anything this is showing that even at the 11th hour their willingness to step in and get it correct is paramount.If anything this is quality control at its best.

Please tone down on The naff comments, and no I'm not a hornby fan boy.

Frey, compared with other forums, this one is for the most part, very supportive of Hornby. We do, however have freedom of speech, and Simon would be the first to say he welcomes any constructive criticism. The forum, is ably moderated, and I have seen no complaints from them.

There is a quality assurance process in place and it has worked. Regretfully this has resulted in a delivery delay. But Hornby has not taken my money yet and never promised a specific date in the first place. In my opinion Hornby has taken the correct action to control quality.

I don't accept that my comment was particularly negative, which seems to be the implication.

However, what does concern me a bit is that, although, apparently, this was years in the planning, some things seem to be a little bit rushed.

In case I didn't make this clear, I would rather wait a bit longer and have something good.

I'm actually looking forward to receiving the set I ordered!

@frey I have only just seen all your lovely photos. I am even more happy now that I have ordered from this 'new' scale and range. I only become aware of TT120 a few days ago, but am already very enthusiastic about this product line. Can't wait to get my hands on the real thing.