High Fell, BR (NER) in TT 120

Rallymatt

@GHU, I think I will probably burst on that day! Love 9Fs! Perfect loco to be handling iron ore hoppers, 21t minerals (when they come) and tanker tanker traffic. I think we will see at 37/47 before the 9F so I am prepared for a bit of a wait, the detail that’s going into all the Hornby TT:120 stock is incredible, a 9F will be mind blowing, I hope it will be weighty and powerful 😁

@Al, absolutely, they will get used to it soon enough too! There is another development in the pipeline 😁

Hi Rallymat.

I am thoroughly enjoying your videos and am picking up great tips from this thread.

I was wondering where you sourced your signals as I’d really like to incorporate some on my layout before I move on to ballasting etc. I’ve re-read the thread, but can’t find reference to manufacturer etc? Many thanks. 

Thanks Andrew, glad it’s of help 👍 The light signals are also from Evemodel, they do both 2 and 3 colour aspect ones, I went with 2 aspect and they are controlled by the LED output on DCC Concepts ADSX accessories modules. So as a point is changed the signal changes. Not perfect copy of real operation, but close enough for me 😁. The lights are listed as N scale. Signals in reality are different heights in different locations, these look good to me and match some real life applications. They also do a ground signal as a kit of parts, but these are huge, too big for OO! There is an Evemodel shop on Amazon

Thanks for the quick response. I had seen those on Amazon, but was unsure as to their suitability being N gauge, but if they are good enough for your layout … wink I’ll order a couple and try them out. blush I’m using the Rails Connect decoders that come with the ROS point motors which I understand are by DCCConcepts and have an output for control panel LEDs, so I assume these will power the signals.

Yes Andrew, the LED output is usually described for a mimic board but obviously can be a light signal too. Looking at some of my videos, the lamps in the signals do look bright although they have a 1k resistor on, in reality not as bright, but if I was very bored and nothing left to do on layout (😳) I could consider increasing the resistance a bit more. Paint them before fitting… loads easier and makes them look convincing. I did toy with idea of adding a wire ‘guard rail’ round the platform behind lamp… another little job that may get done! 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

A consequence of rubbish weather has been a chance to do some fun stuff with Metcalfe building kits. Latest project is Glebe Farm that will be added to High Fell. Lighting is installed in the house in two parts to show separately and inside the barn. 
large.7BD79101-A218-42BE-BF63-E96DC1308B36.jpeg.e0553e2462a990828bf70814dd463906.jpeglarge.897FD03F-4DC5-4344-8228-96FE6C1462CC.jpeg.d68911311818eba7b33163450b9674c9.jpeglarge.89F9F13A-1214-4950-A36B-992E3AD3B25C.jpeg.e8bb7304b4196219ada52ced33b09b22.jpeglarge.EBE22D26-7E7F-4FEB-A11D-C2962D6A68B9.jpeg.fd7c497b16ca2ca27e3085c89ad0d581.jpeg

• Like 8

The great thing about this hobby, is the ability to change things. Small amount of work with a few craft knives and a new build. While some you tubers are being pathetic, it’s reassuring to get on with some proper modelling. It’s been quite a bit of work but I am pleased with the results so far… I think this warrants another video 😁