Pre-Order Reward Points

Bulleidboy

I recall reading that Hornby would now give Reward Points on older existing pre-orders? Would I be right in assuming that these points will be allocated to your pending account when the pre-order is being processed for delivery? I, as I am sure others have, pre-orders from before the Rewards system was introduced, but no points as yet allocated. I'm not that concerned, but could not remember what was said and I could not find the post that explained it.

I was also under the impression that Hornby would be retrospectively amending any pre-order placed before the introduction of the Rewards Points system, but I’ve had a few orders placed before it came in, and after actually, that have arrived and they still show as adding 0 points.

I’ve been hesitant to add it until now because I don’t want to give misleading or incorrect information, but I read somewhere that the new 2023 Collectors Club was tied to amending peoples accounts to accurately reflect all pending and earned Reward Points. I say I’ve been hesitant because I can’t seem to find where I read that. I’ve looked through all recent emails and magazines I’ve purchased but I can’t seem to find it. So, this may not be the case.

If it is the case however, it could be linked to the delay in the release of the Collectors Club.

I don't recall having heard that points will be retrospectively added to orders which predate the introduction of Hornby Rewards. Would obviously be a nice bonus if Hornby were to do so.

I had a TT set on pre-order and that was placed prior to Hornby Rewards coming in. Admittedly it's early days yet but the pre-order was released on Friday 3rd and there's been no points, pending or otherwise, for it. My only current club membership is the TT one.

HK

I knew I read it somewhere! I was looking in the wrong folder. This is an email Hornby sent me on 20th of December.

“Since the launch of Hobby Rewards a few weeks ago, we have seen thousands of customers joining the new Hornby Hobbies loyalty program and getting rewarded for the hobbies they love.

Many customers have contacted us about the availability of points for products they pre-ordered prior to the launch of Hobby Rewards, but had yet to receive. We can confirm that we will retrospectively award points for any existing pre-orders that were held by customers on November 22, 2022, the day we launched Hobby Rewards. 

This will be applied retrospectively next month. As anyone with an existing pre-order was awarded an extra 200 points when joining Hobby Rewards, these points will be deducted from your total points when applied.

In order to receive your points, you will need to be an existing member of Hobby Rewards. If you are not already a member, please sign up here to guarantee your pre-order points. 

Kind regards

The Hobby Rewards Team”

This was sent on December 20th, and it states that accounts will be amended “next month” so that would suggest sometime in January. We’re now in early February and my points, somewhere in the 50k area still haven’t been added. So the system is either more complicated than they anticipated, or they just aren’t adding those points.

I still personally think the delay in the Collectors Club is tied to amending Reward Points, because it’s going from a 10% for everyone £1 spent to a 15%. Just my thoughts on it.

I’ll hold off on messaging them for now. The Collectors Club is what it is, they wouldn’t have delayed it without good reason. I’ll wait until it goes live and then see what the deal is with the Reward Points.

No point bugging them when just waiting may answer my questions. If the points still aren’t added after the CC goes live, I’ll send them a message. I’m sure they’ve already had a fair few emails about the CC delay.

I did email them a week or so ago asking if the new 15% Reward Points would be retrospectively amended to pre-orders, or if the 10% at the time of order would stand. No word back as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m starting to think that points from items pre-ordered before the introduction of the Reward Points system are in fact not going to be retrospectively added like Hornby stated they would be. I’ve had several orders arrive that were pre-ordered before the system came in, and they still show as adding 0 point.

I’ve sent three emails to Hornby since early December regarding Rewards Points, and I’ve not had a reply to any of them, and I know others on this forum who have emailed Hornby regarding Rewards Points have also been met with silence.

I really don’t understand this attitude towards their customers. They state they will retrospectively amend Reward Points for orders placed before the introduction of the system, then just.. don’t, then ignore all enquiries as to what the situation is.

This is leaving an incredibly sour taste and I’m questioning whether to order from Hornby at all at this point.

I’ve just checked my Reward Points and all my pre-existing pre-orders are there, all 77k of them.

The items that have already arrived to me still show as pending, but I’m going to assume these will be added 21 days after my Reward Points were all amended.

Edit: Just received this too.

”Last year we announced that Hobby Rewards customers would receive points for products they pre-ordered prior to the launch of Hobby Rewards, but had yet to receive when we launched our loyalty program.

We can now confirm that we have applied reward points for any existing pre-orders held by customers on November 22, 2022, the day we launched Hobby Rewards.

Upon joining Hobby Rewards, customers with existing pre-orders were awarded an extra 200 points. These 200 points have been deducted from the recently awarded points. If you have multiple pre-orders, this reduction will have been made from one of your orders.

Points for pre-orders that have now been fulfilled are currently pending and will become active in 21 days. As usual, points for any pre-orders that have not arrived yet will be active 21 days after dispatch.

Kind regards

The Hobby Rewards Team”