What did you receive today?

South Coast Flyer

All the plywood and timber to make my first proper layout baseboard are out for delivery today! Once I've got it built, so long as my woodwork skills turn out to be up to scratch, I'll have twice the space for track as I have now, and somewhere underneath it to store all the guitar cases that are cluttering up my spare/music/railway room.

Well, it arrived... A two man delivery team just dumped an 8 foot by 4 foot plywood board and all the timber joists for it on the ground floor, buzzed my flat, and legged it. Left me to carry everything up three flights of stairs on my own! Raging doesn't even begin to cover it. Nice one Wicks/CitySprint delivery face_with_rolling_eyes A new baseboard project will begin, just as soon as I've got my breath back!

I have had a quick chat with Hornby about the extra pieces and the extra is going to be returned 👍 I’m happy to do this as they have been very helpful with me on an other issue. Also they are going to cover the cost of the postage.😀

Just received my parcel from West Hill Wagons Works, I ordered some huts, lineside cabinets signs etc and boy are they small 😂 Really nice quality and very sharp in detail, I would recommend them for your layout details. Now I need to get my baseboard and get started 😀

Bob, WHWW stuff is very nice, I have some trolleys, mailbags, ground signals, point levers and fencing from them. They all come alive with a little bit of paint 😁

I must get an order of relay boxes in now I have a photo of Steam era with one outside the signal box which ironically is my hometown station!

Von Klinkerhoffe, sorry😂 I know that feeling, somebody mentions something and next it’s “ Oh I need that and that and that is well “ before you know it you’re skint 😂😂

Rallymatt, I like getting the details right and it’s things like a set of buckets or some trolleys that make the difference 👍

Received today: More headaches !

The replacement Servo controller came today, working ok so far .... pity same can't be said for the servos !

2 died on me and one kept hunting, and worse still those all popped the wire out and broke the points bar so I am down 3 sets of points.

So I hastily took all the servos out and am sending back for a refund as poor quality, and ordered some hopefully better ones.

With all this bad luck, it dawned on me I have 13 points in the layout, so I will add another siding to make 14 and hopefully lose that bad luck omen !

They need to be SG90 and TBH I just got cheap ones because they are all made in china and a servo is a servo ... so I thought !

I notice that the ones I bought first time are no longer for sale ...

The commonly used for our use is generally Tower Pro, but there are so many fakes out there its hard to ensure you get genuine.

Amazon doesn't have those, so I went for the best user rated ones this time around, the beauty with Amazon is if they are rubbish I can return them. This time I went for some Miuzei and some Wize.

I'll keep the rod long so it cant drop out until i I am happy they are reliable enough to trim it this time.

If they prove unreliable, I think I have found some genuine Tower Pro's, but they are 3x the price !

Always well worth looking at N scale stuff, British N gauge is oversize like OO for the track gauge, so quite a few accessories are close to TT:120 correct size. And when things are not bang next to the railway stock it’s hard to ‘see’ small discrepancies in size unless they are too big.

I am genuinely excited to see more pics of all these layouts as they grow, I think we are going to see some great modelling and imagination 😁