Railmaster Slave PC networking with Railmaster Master PC

Hi P-Henry.

thank you for your input. Again, I thought the same. I heard loading database locos from Hornby had issues with speed setting.

I have used both Hornby database and manual programming and neither made a difference. However, I didn’t know about the RM FAQ so will look at that to see if I have followed process.

I also thought it may have been a decoder issue so have tested both 3x Hornby TTS and 2 x Backmann Loksound v4.

Also used Long address v short address on CV.

Also set cv8 to 8 to ensure they were all reset and not contaminated with previous cv programming or influenced by Hornby database.

Nothing has made any difference but please keep suggesting things.

btw I’ve also removed RM and reinstalled to ensure I hadn’t made a mistake with process.

the only other thing I can think of that maybe effecting things is:

master pc = RM Pro

slave pc = RM Standard

If they network, do they have to be at same level so they don’t conflict with each other?

Nothing has made any difference but please keep suggesting things.

Nothing more I can think of at present, but you do seem to have a logical problem solving mind as do I.

P.S. The FAQ mentioned is FAQ2 in the 'RailMaster FAQ Index' sticky thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I've today chased up Railmaster support for a reply as its now two weeks since I submitted this networking issue to them.

Hopefully they will get back soon (I did get an initial one line reply but no follow up).

I'll keep you posted.

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

I am happy to inform I have an update about networking in RailMaster.

RM Support finally logged into both my Master and Slave PCs today.

my PC was set up fine thanks to advice and support from this forum.

they have now acknowledged there are two problems with the current RM system.

1) F keys being out of sync

2) Only first six programmed F key functions will work.

They have officially logged this now and identified December as the time they can work on a fix. They have invited me to test the beta fix programming at that point.

they also said that further improvements will be in the fix I.e. if you update your loco list in Master PC then your Slave PC will be automatically updated too rather than the manual work you have to do now transferring files across.

They have a valid reason for the December diary which is very exciting news but not for discussion on this particular networking topic.

Brian,

Glad to hear that progress is being made, albeit slowly. Sounds like the long promised RM upgrade might be in December now.

Historically, major RM upgrades have tended (in the past) to be scheduled in December, so nothing new there.

• 8 months later...

Hi. Have been offline for a little while. Well it’s been 3 months since the December 2023 deadline for Railmaster suggested date for working on this issue after supposedly releasing a large update of Railmaster 😂. These guys can certainly talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. My rail setup has been on hold for far too long waiting for a solution. Is there anything else out there that utilises computer/ipad/android for a visual control set up?

28 minutes ago, Brian-765786 said:

Hi. Have been offline for a little while. Well it’s been 3 months since the December 2023 deadline for Railmaster suggested date for working on this issue after supposedly releasing a large update of Railmaster 😂. These guys can certainly talk the talk but don’t walk the walk. My rail setup has been on hold for far too long waiting for a solution. Is there anything else out there that utilises computer/ipad/android for a visual control set up?

TGG see here but it doesn't use iPad or other mobile devices.

Based upon RM but overcoming its failings due to tardy reaction to delivering loco detection.

Have a look in the TGG gallery to see it in operation 

Hi Brian...

Good to hear from you although not good to see your situation is ongoing re RM and the networking problem.

When you were in communication with myself I was convinced I was giving you correct information and that a sync issue was the cause. That could only have been caused by RM itself as networking solutions offered up should have worked. They would have done, obviously, but I am rather annoyed with the RM author who has seemingly offered LD since around 2015 or whatever and a supposed major upgrade, as you also point out, in December last year.

Obviously this is not forthcoming just yet and it may be some way off.

Hopefully the guy will sort the bugs out for you and then come up with the upgrade. I sometimes wonder if the fella has reached his programming capacity or is just tired of the software. He still has a decent attitude toward support though so at least he might have something up his sleeve. Hope he gets the fix to you soon.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi AC. Nice to hear from you too. I did get back in touch with RM support. They seem to have fixed my two identified networking issues and are working on loco detection programming too. However, they have not released these improvements in a version upgrade as yet as far as i am aware…….