Loco groups

Hi - I have created lcco groups in the past, but I can’t seem to do it any more. Has the method changed ? Is there a limit on number of groups ? If anyone can help with a click by click guide I shall be very grateful.

I don't use groups, so I can't help with that. But before doing anything else I would confirm that you are running the very latest version of RM, which is 1.74.5

Even if the bottom right display shows 1.74 as the main version you have to hover the mouse cursor over the main version number to see the revision level. The number 5 in this case. If you are not running 1.74.5 then download it from the links on this forum website. Just run it over the top of the current version installed. No need to uninstall first. 1.74.5 was never pushed by HRMS as an automatic update and needs manual installation.

If you have issues downloading RM from the website links see this previous thread:

Problem Down Loading RailMaster :: Hornby Hobbies

It is well discussed on this forum previously that there is an arbitrary limit of 64 locos in the roster. To exceed this requires the use of groups. I believe, not having either the manual in front of me or RM on screen, that you assign a loco to a group/groups on the loco setup screen.

....... it describes adding Points or Signals (not Loco's) to groups.

Loco Groups is mentioned in several manual locations. On the bottom of Page 3 it states that an unlimited number of loco groups can be created. Then 'Loco groups' is mentioned in the bottom of the 'features list' entry on Page 4. Locos in groups is also mentioned on Page 51.

Creating a group 'how to' is sadly lacking in the manual. On page 51 it states:

"See Loco Definition, earlier, for details on setting up groups."

But extensively searching the 1.74 manual for this elusive 'Loco Definition' section in the manual comes up blank. However I then looked at a copy of the 1.57 manual I happen to have and there was indeed a section titled "Defining Locomotives". It transpires that in the later 1.74 manual this section is re-titled "Locomotive Settings" and starts on page 34. Obviously, the reference made on page 51 had not been updated with the change of section title from the earlier manual.

Note that the "Defining Locomotives" section in the 1.57 manual had the same basic content as the 1.74 manual with no further guidance detail on setting up locomotive groups.

Page 34 shows the "Loco Settings" screen. A 'Locomotives group' pull down box is shown. Based upon other known aspects of RM configuration. I believe this is the box where you assign a loco to a group and where the group is created by typing in the group name you want to use in the box.

I have however found some instructions for creating groups in one of the existing Railmaster FAQs that confirms my deduction above and may provide the OP with more detailed 'how to' guidance. It is located in the 'Addendum' section of FAQ2 nearer the bottom of the page - see link below:

FAQ - How do I manually add a loco to the RailMaster roster. :: Hornby Hobbies

According to this FAQ guidance. You have to create at least two groups before the group selection box appears on the main RM loco roster screen.

• 3 weeks later...