Linking HM7000 decoders to the wrong app - Don’t do it.

96RAF

In addition to problems caused by using the wrong app, there appear to have been a few cases where users have attempted to pair the decoders via their phone settings page as if it were a Bluetooth speaker or car radio.

It has been said on many occasions that the only way for the HM7K system to work correctly is to load the correct app to the phone or tablet then use the scan facility on the app to find and link the decoders.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PAIR A DECODER VIA THE PHONE SETTINGS PAGES.

Apart from ensuring that Bluetooth is switched on on the phone and ensuring all permissions are ‘on’, there is no need to go anywhere near the phone settings.

And, as always, the best advice is to read the manual and use the troubleshooting guides at the top of the HMDCC section of the forum.

• 1 month later...

Although the comment about selecting the wrong app would appear logical, Hornby do promote the idea that the HM6000 can be used to power the track, and so the HM|DC app will be in use, as well as the HM|DCC app.

As mentioned, don’t update the decoder in the wrong app.

There’s some scary levels of knowledge in the group; thanks, guys!

You can use one (or possibly bootstrap both) channel(s) of the HM6000 module as an approved track power source but you have to adjust the PWM frequency to max else distortion of sounds and odd control can occur.

The generic warning post is not to link the HM7K decoder to the wrong app.

There is an advantage to having HM6K modules (6000/6010) live and linked to the HM DCC app as they act as static nodes to reinforce the Bluetooth mesh and one of them will take priority as host.

The 6010 module can even be used to run your accessories in the HM DCC app.

What I haven’t worked out yet is how you can drive the 6000 module to max from the HM DC app whilst using it as a static node in the HM DCC app. It has to be one or the other.

• 2 months later...

I have a situation where I need to relink a decoder (I've started a separate thread on this) and it is prompting for a code which I don't have any more.

Does the process of contacting customer services involve returning the decoder to Hornby? This was brand new when purchased so isn't someone else's cast off

Does the process of contacting customer services involve returning the decoder to Hornby? This was brand new when purchased so isn't someone else's cast off

When all you need is the reset code then no you do not need to return the decoder.

When all you need is the reset code then no you do not need to return the decoder.

Many thanks - what information do I need to give them? I'm asking because the only chance I will probably have to ring them is during office hours and I won't have my layout to hand (although that is tempting to bring it in!)