Interior green paint code

I'm not sure where you got that from. Humbrol 90 makes a decent faded appearance for 78 Cockpit Green.

The late Edgar Brooks always contended that when Hu 90 was first introduced it was as a specific interior colour for when the original 1/24 Spitfire was issued. Having seen his researches I'm inclined to agree, Supermarine and their contractors were using a brighter colour than MAP Aircraft Grey Green. I've never really felt that Hu 78 is convincing as Aircraft Grey Green, originally it was too dark and too green, although I think it's been modified in recent times.

Well Dogsbody ..... you remembered how to post photos but forgot you only had to click once! You've submitted the same post half a dozen times.

Once you press the button to submit please wait at least 30 seconds to see something happen!!

I guess I'm not use to forums being so slow. Everywhere else is was faster than here.

It's like when I first had Internet over 20 years ago.

Chris

Does anybody know the spray paint code for the light green colour as used in the cockpit and engine bay in lots of spitfire restorations

Humbrol doesn't do a match in spray cans. You may find a similar colour in the car spray paints in a car accessories shop. Halfords if you are the UK.

The two most popular colours are Humbrol 78 and Humbrol 120. Take painted samples of these to the shop to find a match