Unable to order

Mark-351574

I can remember having issues with the Hobby points just before Christmas when using PayPal. The discounted price would appear on the order page but as I went through to PayPal the deduction was missing and I was being charged full price. It was fine though when I used my bank card.

They certainly need to acknowledge the fact they are aware of the situation. Fair enough the system malfunction was probably out of their control particularly as it occurred over a bank holiday weekend but it's how you deal with the aftermath that defines you and silence is not going to endear you to your customers.

A phone call is probably fine when dealing with an individual problem relating to a faulty product but as this seems to be on a much larger scale (I would imagine far less than 10% of customers who have had issues are actually even going to post on this forum so we're probably talking high double or even triple numbers of disappointed people) I do think it needs to be addressed by a generic social media post or generic email to all subscribers.

Or alternatively Airfix can say nothing, not answer emails and alienate their customers when I expect they are desperately in need of attracting a new fanbase as when my generation has gone they will have lost the vast majority of the nostalgia driven revenue that keeps the brand afloat.

I hope somebody can help me out here . When reading the Airfix facebook post about the Hobby Reward Points offet over the easter weekend I read it as meaning that when making a purchase if you used your Hobby points they would be worth double. Am I correct ? I finally got response from customer services who say that "The Double Rewards points offer was for earning double points when ordering Easter weekend not doubling existing points". Strangely the Facebook post can no longer be found. Furthermore my Hobby reward account states that I am due 675 points ( I spent 67.50 on a Vehicle mystery box plus 10% disccount). If what customer services is saying is true how come I am not due 1375 points ? Something not right there. I will be calling on Monday