East Mallingford Progress

East Mallingford has started well the baseboard at least, other than buy things since March hadn’t made much progress waiting for my Digital Easterner Set, but have Track Packs, Buildings, plank wagons, digital scotsman, Class 08 DB (won’t be running til next year when the 6 pin decoder is released), plus lots of items from West Hill Wagon Works.

Next job is the primer coats and the fabric skirt to hide all my boxes. Then some marking out and figuring out where the flyover section will go.

Not bad for a first attempt on the base board some slight wonks but I am sure I can easily disguise them. (Photo awaiting approval)forum_image_64b402d57a925.thumb.png.676ec94030ca527c45932ccd5de0cd87.png

• 1 month later...
Just watched, looks good. It’s funny how this scale seems normal now once you’ve been exposed for so long. You need a few more wagons, hopefully peco will come through soon.

I know what you mean when my orders started coming through I was like that can’t be it all and yes got TTA Tankers and Coal Wagons on order too.

• 2 weeks later...
@POSTMAN in that video it looks like the loco has derailed on the curve before it reaches the points.
It's a shame the chuff rate is far too slow for the speed the model is running at, as is so often the case with DCC steam sound decoders "out of the box". Hopefully that can be adjusted?

Yeah something I will need to look at and another thing to tinker with :o)

So we decided to try a laser cut bridge from In The Green Wood for £20. Today we put it together and are very impressed was easy to construct. Just needs a paint job. Only issue is the pieces on the deck are slightly too close together so will need to some engineering fixes to run the track through.

https://www.inthegreenwoodlaser.co.uk/tt-br014-single-track-mid-length-bowstring-rail-bridge-tt120-gauge-model-laser-cut-kit

forum_image_6506ebcc98dff.thumb.png.49d6651e6a40a1f4efa21fd66d3aa569.png

• 5 months later...
40 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

I was trying to push it in, but later found out you can slide it in without too much issues. 

I can see the retention lugs in the image. A pity the 00 twin track version doesn't have them to hold the track.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So managed to resolve the last two point motor issues, decided to give Mallard the privilege of completing a good friday track test, some tweaking required and a good clean, but here is a glimpse of the run, also tried out @GMD coal loads which look great.

Edited by Postman On The Rails
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, GMD said:

Delighted the coal loads work for you. Nice to see the loco getting the beans! What are you using to operate the signal?

Not fixed them in place but they are fit great and look good. 😊 . The signals are Dapol, they come with a switch already attached and a motor, but I have attached them to peco PL-26 passing contact switches to match the points. They are great as they raise slowly and drop quicker to be prototypical. They need raising slightly as the locos brush them when at danger lol.

• 4 weeks later...

East Mallingford was on holiday last week, MK3 coaches due tomorrow thanks to Hornby CS holding dispatch until we were back. Got some nice pics of European locos on a trip from Salzburg over the border to Berchestgaden in Germany. I think Arnold do a shunter similar to the ÖBB one.

IMG_2398.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

IMG_2402.jpeg

IMG_2403.jpeg

IMG_2404.jpeg

• Like 3