Secret ?

Sailorman

Patrick

You can only hope. I assume that you are thinking a reissue of a vintage kit. Which one are you hoping for?

If, on the other hand, Airfix were to announce a brand new 1/600th scale liner, it would send a clear message of their intent to continue on with that scale…that would be very significant.

They have been sitting on the fence with this significant decision for a while.

Tim

No .... not a re-issue ..... I have the whole 1:600 ship range! I also have a number of "repeats."

I'm always hoping for new liners but to be honest I'd doubt they will even happen.

I'm also hoping for a 1:144 Artemis full stack to go with my Saturn V, Saturn 1b, Vostok, Soyuz and Lunik models ..... Again....what are the chances?

I am beyond excited about this kit, even if it is a navy cab it still looks like a great kit and a sure fire big seller.

The sprues clearly indicate a HAR3 and HC4 as future editions; I’m not sure about a 3A as I haven’t seen the inside of the LH fuselage that might have holes to drill out for the VHF aerial masts.

Amongst the clues are the domed observation windows and pressure refuel point next to the cabin door (there is another pressure refuelling point under this door with blanking plates depending on the variant). There are holes to drill out on the tail boom for the VOR-D grab handles style aerials applicable to HAR and HC cabs.

For the HC4 there is the longer troop step and IR jammers on the clear sprue; I expect a new sprue for the fixed landing gear & sponsons, GPMG and pintle and maybe some other antennae’s etc.

If I had anything to grumble about it would be the lack of a SACRU cargo hook or an engine (like the 1/48 Buccaneer, I get there are cost implications) but an AM supplier will fill this gap I’m sure. Maybe the later HAR boxing will have some interior stuff like the stretcher, MS10 dinghy and other role equipment.

What I do like is the crew controllable spot lamps, they are on the clear sprue so hopefully can be fitted in any position - as they often were when the cabs landed and were shut down.

I also like the price, but it is still a navy cab.

well done Airfix