New MacTrains YouTube episode

GMD

• 1 month later...

That’s another episode uploading to YouTube. Likely be ready in a few hours for the night owls here! Simon K kindly agreed to another interview. We cover his current business (KohlerCOMS); his thoughts on where the model railway world is at; and yes, his insight into what happened in the parting of the ways with Hornby. Nothing salacious of course, and Simon is very respectful as would be expected.

However, fair notice, I messed up the recording, and lost the majority of the video footage. The audio is also my backup audio. Really annoyed at myself, but felt it still well worth posting the audio for Simon’s take on the current state of play, including TT120 of course! Have used random footage of one of my TT modules as background filler.

Thanks Peachy, TT and RM. If only I’d had the presence of mind to ask him what the new tank loco would be…!

Overall I think he conducted himself very well. Could have thrown Hornby under the bus but not at all. Clearly still has great affection for the company, despite concerns.

Knowing how SK conducts himself I doubt he would have revealed what any forthcoming models would be even if he knew. The book of Hornby TT:120 will be very interesting to read. When the scale of the project is laid out and how Hornby managed to keep it under wraps for so long is made known, it will and truly knock a few plugs in the doubters 🤣

Very ingenious to splice in some shunting in lieu of the missing video 👍

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just posted an interview with Simon Kohler, covering his take on recent negative headlines, the progress of TT120, a little meander into HM7000 and more. An hour long, so you have been warned!

• 3 weeks later...

Have added a few YouTube Shorts showing a Gronk actually completing a loop of the layout - hurrah!! It's been a long time coming! 

In not-so-good news, earlier whilst fettling, I managed to derail the Gronk and inevitably it snapped off a coupling...! So two-steps forward, one back - as usual.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GMD said:

Have added a few YouTube Shorts showing a Gronk actually completing a loop of the layout - hurrah!! It's been a long time coming! 

In not-so-good news, earlier whilst fettling, I managed to derail the Gronk and inevitably it snapped off a coupling...! So two-steps forward, one back - as usual.

I gave your video a look. That was a nice long train it was shunting! I give the video a score of 08 out of 08! 😉

19 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Typical, you added an extra width and larger radius and now it decides to throw itself off! Hope it’s an easy fix although Hornby are very helpful even when it’s accidental damage 

Indeed - the irony did not help me feel better about it!! Ho hum. The joys of modelling

• 1 month later...

Just posted a new MacTrains episode - not anything new for most folk on here - but just serving as an introduction to this very forum itself.

If you think it's useful a like, a share and/or  a sub would be great!  

• Like 4

9 hours ago, GMD said:

Just posted a new MacTrains episode - not anything new for most folk on here - but just serving as an introduction to this very forum itself.

If you think it's useful a like, a share and/or  a sub would be great!  

I’m famous then again I do have a star on Hollywood walk of fame 🤣. Also a nice way to give some lime light to a topic which is to our advantage. 

Edited by Tim Allen
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

That's a new Simon Kohler interview just posted to MacTrains. And a sincere thanks to @Peachy  for joining in the interview. 

Link is here

It was recorded almost immediately after the Let's Talk TT with Martin and Carl (link here) and offers Simon's reaction to the 2024 TT120 range launch and more. All (cordial) comments etc most welcome! 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, GMD said:

That's a new Simon Kohler interview just posted to MacTrains. And a sincere thanks to @Peachy  for joining in the interview. 

Link is here

It was recorded almost immediately after the Let's Talk TT with Martin and Carl (link here) and offers Simon's reaction to the 2024 TT120 range launch and more. All (cordial) comments etc most welcome! 

Another great video Greg.