New MacTrains YouTube episode

GMD

Thanks @GMDfor that, very interesting video. Well done for raising the issue of some of the unfounded negative social media stuff out there.  Listening to his comments about how it can hurt "the team" was timely so soon after watching how sincere, open and honest Martyn and Carl where in the previous interview with you and Peachy.  These interviews really show the human element behind the scenes and that it is not entirely driven by "beancounters".

30 minutes ago, GMD said:

Thanks to all who have watched and commented - it's great to have your support. Thoughts and ideas for what's next (apart from the obvious interview @Postman On The Rails!!) are welcome. 

Is that a no then 😔 as the old joke goes I got a face for radio 😝. You need to do the rounds with the other manufacturer if they dare and maybe an interrogation style interview with the one 😉 (you know who, sorry I do have a naughty side) on a more sensible note what about new to hobby & people who have experienced but trying TT as well as OO. Maybe look at the negative posts and put a counter discussion forward try to balance it out maybe?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes, another excellent discussion. I feel more confident now (I was already fairly confident) about the future of TT:120. So Hornby gets my investment in time and money. And all the experienced staff down there in Margate have my respect and appreciation. 

Two very good videos. This should give the doubters something to think about. The commitment by Hornby to this scale should be applauded. The honesty from Martin and Carl gives me renewed faith for the future.

I think Greg and Chris could make a good living out of interviewing as it is always relaxed and informative.

Can’t wait for the next episode.

• Like 1

Excellent discussion. I have to dissagree with Simon though. The Scotsman, The Mallard, sure I have seen them in a museum.

I would class myself as a newbie/returner (returning from say age 15). What I remember most are the BR standard classe tanks from being taken to heritage railways as a kid. Those are the ones I wanted to get and with them recreate those day trips.

I guess it's generational, and based on an individuals background Vs hard business data.

well done both of  you  i bet you where tired after  all that talking  about model trains

to simon .martyn and  carl  . thank you  GMC and PEACHY  you did the TT120 community.

a great service on that day to  steady the ship against ytube tidal wave and hurricane  of  negative  comments,

TT120 is  not a boat and will not sink without a trace 😄     

peachy you vid is doing ok over 1500  views when i look not bad .

i know how many are TT120 modellers ? I hope  they all are 😊      ps to myself one class 66 in  gbrf livery  please

• Like 2

Just watched, another great video. I’m enjoying seeing the TT community really grow into its own thing and as much as the internet can allow the negative views of some it is allowing us to watch these positive videos such as yours and also people showing their TT layouts.

Just an idea for a future video, could there be a spotlight on specific layouts and maybe an interview with the creator? That way we could get some layout buildings tips from those who are further along. As you said in the video so many TT modellers are new or returning from childhood and would value some conversational tips whilst being shown examples of a layout. Perhaps High Fell would Be a good candidate… 

• Like 2

Great idea Marc

In fact maybe a series could start with the three diorama competition winners?

I agree that a nice community has developed. Some long-term modellers may find our enthusiasm insufferable but that’s maybe their problem for being on the grumpier side …

@Moccasin That's not a bad idea, they were quick off the mark! I have just recorded my first video... inspired by @GMD and @Peachy . I keep seeing people who have been in the shadows like I have sometimes and are frightened to show what they have (or have not) done. So I've taken the plunge and I will show mine off to the wider world. I think watching this recent video with Simon has made me realise that those of us that are already committed to TT need to speak louder and be heard. We love TT, it's the perfect scale and we are not going anywhere!

• Like 4