Awww Snap errors when trying to post photos

Hello

I hope this is in the correct section but here goes nothing.

I have just been trying to submit photographs which were requested for the thread regarding the Hornby R4621 Brake coach.

In the photographs I submitted, they show how I fitted bachmann bogies to a hornby 1st class coach but despite that, the process is still the same for the R4621 coach.

The problem started when on my 1st attempt, I had 1 photo showing the coach I used for the demonstration and I got the Aww snap message saying there was a problem displaying the page.

I tried a 2nd time and got the same again with 3 photos on it.

For my 3rd attempt which appears to have been successful I had to resize the pictures for submission and approval after which I will have to do another entry to describe the process.

Is there a requirement for the size of photos for submission ?, I have to ask because with the photos submitted as they were when taken, my ability to add any text suddenly went as slow as a snail, consequently I don't know if this was any fault or at which end the problem occurs but I felt that I should raise this in case there is a problem.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

@508006 - to confirm that your experience is neither unique nor a temporary glitch. There are a couple of known limitations with this iteration of the forum: (I hesitate to call them faults - since they have been present from this iteration’s introduction, & there has been no indication they will be improved.)

• there is a limit on picture file size but no indication what it is - so adjustment/resizing is necessary by trial & error.

• as soon as you add a picture to a post, text typing speed reduces, multiple pictures exacerbate this - therefore a workaround is necessary. A simple but effective one is to type all the text first, then insert the pictures. Alternatively post the pictures and text in separate posts.

There has always been a recommended limit of 2mb.

I have found that typing all text first then inserting pictures later starting from the bottom up works fine.

I seem to recall someone saying the forum also supports drag and drop or was it copy and paste or both for images.