ripped off by railmaster seller

cost me around £120 for the e link and software. railmaster turned out to be a evaluation copy and i had to then pay a further £69 for the full program.

railmaster was terrible never worked properly spent more time unplugging usb,s and plugging them back in then i used the program itself.

asked for a refund which railmaster agreed.

seems like railmaster are so uncapable that i have been now waiting over 10 days and no sign of a refund.

no wonder their software is rubbish if they can,t even manage that.

now they are ignoring my e mails.

problem is that e mail is the only way of contacting them.

so i feel that i have been ripped off terrible customer service

If you bought an eLink new with a sealed copy of RM then there was no need to buy another licence. All RM downloads whether from the CD or direct from the site are demo copies until you enter the key code. If you bought second hand then this forum is awash with warnings about the licence not being transferable once activated.

Venting your spleen at HRMS on here will do you no good as they are a 3rd party sub-contractor to Hornby and they get paid for licences not Hornby.

If you bought a used licence second hand then you have been ripped off by the seller and your beef is with them, not Hornby or HRMS.

If you bought a second licence and activated that then there is no refund, plain and simple, as you have 90 days to check out the demo and feel happy with it before committing to a purchase.

Your other explicit post was rejected.

....railmaster was terrible never worked properly spent more time unplugging usb,s and plugging them back in then i used the program itself.....

How to resolve the eLink communication with RM stability issues are robustly documented with detailed 'step by step instructions' in FAQ1 located in the 'RailMaster FAQ Index' pinned sticky thread at the top of the RailMaster forum.

One of the key fixes to improve communication stability when using an eLink is to edit the 'railmaster.ini' file to change the following line entry from:

"Reset eLink on start=1"

to

"Reset eLink on start=0"

Further 'what settings to change' fixes are detailed in FAQ1.

@367368, The problems you describe are absolutely of your own doing.

There are solutions posted on this Forum in the link that P Henny has posted above.

The support for RailMaster is excellent and it is an extremely reliable product when set up correctly. Clearly you have not done that.

Out of interest, where did you purchase it from?

You say £120 so I’m assuming you bought it from Hornby at actual price of £122.49?

If so (and even if not), the licence key is on the inside cover of the CD case under the Quick Start Guide, just where mine was when I bought it over 10 years ago. And I must say it has never missed a beat. Been loaded on and transferred between around 4 computers in that time.

Did your licence key inside the CD case not work? I can’t think of another reason you would buy a second. And if it was not new, see other replies above.

So if you can get beyond the rant and follow the comprehensive advice of experienced users here, including in the FAQs already referred to, you will get up and running.

Or not. Your choice.

Warren, hope you bother to read replies, as Railmaster, is an excellent product, well supported by HRMS, and has run many of our layouts for years without problems. Unfortunately, it has never claimed to be plug and play, and a Tad of patience and instruction/ forum reading is necessary. The main thing being order of connection. I am afraid you will get little support on here for your views, as most of us are very content with product.