Samsung Galaxy too modern for Hornby 6000 ap

Yelrow

• 3 weeks later...

Just jumping on this thread in case there is any updates if that's OK...! I bought my young 'un the set which comes with the HMDC - we all have samsung devices... can only get one device to connect and it disconnects too frequently for it to be 'fun'. Interestingly the device the partly works is running android 10, all the others are 12 or 13... I had thought about just getting a manual controller, but I'll hold off if there looks like there might be a fix? Just a tad annoying all this - his only 8 and this was his fav present over Xmas, but not able to play with it... I even thought about getting a set with manual control but this sounded a bit more modern! O well... cross my fingers for something to happen in the app...

You could pick up a cheap manual controller to keep his interest until the app is fixed. The locos will run fine under normal analogue control.

It was very unfortunate that fixing it to work for a minority of users broke it for an awful lot of other people. Timing couldn’t have been worse with both Hornby and their developers on Xmas break.

I suppose Murphy or the Grinch are laughing their heads off at the chaos they caused.

Thanks - yes, going to keep an eye out on local for sale just in case there is one available...

I don't think his interest will be lost he does love it all - he still has all his old Brio stuff and I suspect when it all gets fixed he will be on it a lot, but every silver lining - it gives him time to actually clean his room. I can't really have it on the living room floor for ever...! Lol.