Samsung Galaxy too modern for Hornby 6000 ap

Yelrow

Hi, so thought as going through lack of interest, would re kindle by buying 6000 and trying it with my phone. No problem with iPad, despite it being very new, but My phone is too modern for app. Phone is A225. Solution ?, can app be updated . Thanks.

John, android v13 has been tested successfully with HM6K - just check that all permissions on the phone are set to ‘on’. This was an issue with HM7K (May be the same with HM6K?) and android doesn’t prompt you to enable permissions.

Go to permissions via settings - privacy and enable everything. It may work.

merci beaucoup, j essai. Steve, hi, my phone is a mystery to both Heather and i. Whenever it rings, we run for cover. It is enormous learning curve for me, hence idea of HM6K. Thought this might help. Will look at Permissions, with trepidation, and report back. Thank you both for your sage advice.

It’s not there. The only one is HM/DCC. Not happy. Sorry to be a pain.

Scroll down the page, even going to page 2 if required. The HM | DC APP does not always show directly under the DCC one as per 96RAFs image. It should be there somewhere in the search results.

John, wait until tomorrow morning and, immediately after adding the lait to the cafe au lait and before drinking, add the phone too. This will solve the app problem, and the ringing problem, in one go.

And on no account try RM HH on it. We’ll run out of column kms trying to get that one working for you.

And as not into Android, I’m no help with your actual problem.

fishy, can always rely on you for help. hornby assure me my phone is acceptable. Samsung, who apparently know a thing or two about phones, tell me its cos the app is too old for modern phones. My son, who has the very latest model, downloaded it, without problems. Curious. Serves me right for attempting to be adventurous.

FYI. I reported this issue over a month ago. Hornby said they reported to the development team, today they came back saying issue is fixed... And to check the store. Now the app isn't even in the store unless you use that link above. Anyway, still same error, so then Chris at Hornby asked my version again, and again have been told it's being sent to the development team. Bit worrying that they let themselves down by not testing properly on the recent versions.

If it helps, I'm on an OPpO android v13