Customer Service

David-373667

I am having a BIG problem with the attitude in customer services. I called Friday as I bought a Mustang with no decal plans (part of a mystery box). I was told to email with the details, I included the model number. I did this and requested that they photocopy and email it to me. That literally is all I want, just to get this kit off my workbench

Today I got a response that was very shirty and aggressive. They clearly did not take the time to read my short email. I complained about the attitude. Apparently the individual was offended because I had said "further to our conversation" and I had not spoken to her.

Now I have an email requesting a home address, contact number, proof of purchase, where I bought the kit (Airfix) and finally traceable code of the model kit.

Talking about making a mountain out of a molehill. All I want is a photocopy of the missing decal plan. How many hoops will they put me through?

As an Airfixclub member, I expect better!! Due a renewal in a couple of months?

Nowadays I check every kit on receipt, even if it is just going into the build stash. Glad to see you did the same but have had an unfortunate experience with a remote purchase. Perhaps part of the mystery box is wondering whether everything is included. One of the benefits of a LMS is being able to open and check with the staff present. I hope this gets resolved and you will let us know the outcome. It really does affect buying decisions.

Likewise re checking on purchase.

I have had to contact Customer Services several times this year and apart from one damaged part (from a 2023 release) which they did not have, they have come up trumps.

My last issue, where I supplied all the information they required generated a reply where they asked for the same information again! I resisted the temptation to vent and complied, however I think they could make it easier for everyone if there was a template that ensured data capture in one hit and in a format that assists Airfix.

I still think they do a good job and in about 90% of my contact have turned the part round in less than a week, on one occasion I emailed them on the Monday and the part arrived on the Wednesday.