HM7000 and JMRI DecoderPro

Pendragon Sailing

While there’s an argument that HM7000 decoders don’t need DecoderPro because the App interface allows easy management of their CVs, I nevertheless ask whether its expected that JMRI’s decoder database will be allowed to include these decoders in due course? 

Having all my locos (including the ones fitted with HM7000) listed in DecoderPro would be more convenient than having to run with two separate databases.

Does anyone know what might be happening on this front?

When TTS was launched all the relevant data was passed to a guy on RMWeb forum, who at the time was compiling the TTS decoder definitions for JMRI.

Given the decoder manual for TXS is very comprehensive and all the sound profiles documentation can be downloaded then there is already enough information in the public domain for anyone to incorporate TXS into JMRI, which is an open source software.

message from one of the JMRI developer team, just posted…….
I’ve started work on the definition, but the press of other events has made the work slow. (The HM7000 has a _lot_ of CVs). It should be ready for testing sometime over the holidays.

A clue that may help them, this will give the installed firmware version and which sound file is loaded. They can pull the loco sound file list from the web site documentation _ SDxxx

forum_image_657b6b6ed2947.thumb.png.d57df4681e3710123920ef14de628447.png

We are waiting for info from Hornby as to how to tell what the pin configuration is, I.e 8, 18, 21 and sound or non sound and thus be able to associate the correct decoder R number.

• 4 months later...