Hornby Railroad Plus class 73 fitting lights

pendeenpete

Hello, happy New Year!

I have the above loco, which is fitted with an 8 pin decoder, and fancy putting in some lights.

As far as I know it will only have white LEDs either end, has anyone done such an update?

I assume I will have to take wires fron the 8 pin socket, possibly with resistors in series. I am not sure what type/size of LEDs to get as the space between the body front and cab detail is quite limited.

Any tips?

I looked at this with my class 73s, other than illuminating the headcode, I came to the conclusion there was just not enough room to fit them. Electrically no issue, it was just fitting them was the issue.

Thanks for your suggestions, the express models kit has been out of stock for a considerable time (and still is).

I think the cost is a bit prohibitive for what I want, ie 2 white LEDs, just wanted any advice regarding size of LEDs etc.

Never mind, thanks everyone for responding.

Thanks for your suggestions, the express models kit has been out of stock for a considerable time (and still is).
I think the cost is a bit prohibitive for what I want, ie 2 white LEDs, just wanted any advice regarding size of LEDs etc.
Never mind, thanks everyone for responding.

They make out of stock kits to order usually. That is written on their site somewhere.