My TT:120 Layout

Dodge1965

11 hours ago, Skelton Junction said:

I think the most telling words used by @Dodge1965 come near the end of that video:

”…..that’s staying as is, for now…”

One of the most enduring attractions about my layout is its ever changing mood(s). 

I like to add and remove parts.. But for mine, the track was my issue. I kept adding and adding..  One day i will fix it..

42 minutes ago, Postman On The Rails said:

The most dreaded words in layout building 😝 

Plus being my first ever layout... Had no real ideas what to do.. My tech advisor helped loads.. 

9 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

Plus being my first ever layout... Had no real ideas what to do.. My tech advisor helped loads.. 

Least you have one lol … my first layout, I am engineer, electrician and technical support for myself 😝 Thankfully I can farm out the art department as I would be rubbish at it 😜 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Postman On The Rails said:

Least you have one lol … my first layout, I am engineer, electrician and technical support for myself 😝 Thankfully I can farm out the art department as I would be rubbish at it 😜 

For me the hardest part was, what should go where and no expert on trains or related items. Learnt alot this year.. The electrics and tech stuff, i enjoy.. Used to be a mainframe engineer and then Fibre Optics and networking..  ART i'm ish.. The wife is so much better than me..

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So i bought a Polaroid Cube camera online.. £20 and thought i would try it out tonight.

Converted a wagon, by removing the top part. The Cube has a built in magnet, so attached easy. Then put it in front of the 125..

Loving the quality , i might need to add somemore weight to it..   Did a few laps..

You can see the track needs aligning..

pic.thumb.jpg.462ec9926d79a4854e4e296ce796b49c.jpg

Edited by Dodge1965
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

So i bought a Polaroid Cube camera online..

I contemplated getting one of those, but was put off by reports that the camera's companion App didn't work on current versions of phone/tablet software. How did you set the Polaroid up and retrieve the footage (which appears to be excellent by the way)? I did buy something similar, but the picture is rubbish - too much judder to be of any use. Thanks.

2 hours ago, Andrew-372848 said:

I contemplated getting one of those, but was put off by reports that the camera's companion App didn't work on current versions of phone/tablet software. How did you set the Polaroid up and retrieve the footage (which appears to be excellent by the way)? I did buy something similar, but the picture is rubbish - too much judder to be of any use. Thanks.

Not sure on phone software, I plugged Cube into a laptop, it appears in file manager and copy straight to YT. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thought i would do a quick double HST few laps of the layout today.. Haven't been up here much these last few weeks..

Edited by Dodge1965
Sorry for typo on YT name.. Fixed YT name.

On 12/04/2024 at 14:33, Dodge1965 said:

So i bought a Polaroid Cube camera online.. £20 and thought i would try it out tonight.

Converted a wagon, by removing the top part. The Cube has a built in magnet, so attached easy. Then put it in front of the 125..

Loving the quality , i might need to add somemore weight to it..   Did a few laps..

You can see the track needs aligning..

pic.thumb.jpg.462ec9926d79a4854e4e296ce796b49c.jpg

This is one of the most unforgiving things you can do to your track work. Even a tiny imperfection that is irrelevant to running can cause the whole camera to wobble. I've seen commentators describe filming their track work from this level as one of the most humbling things someone in the hobby can do. I think the track in your video looks great! 

10 hours ago, Dodge1965 said:

Thought i would do a quick double HST few laps of the layout today.. Haven't been up here much these last few weeks..

So cool!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Rallymatt said:

Very impressive, I bet it’s loud up in that loft! 

Funny u should say that... I did turn the socund down for the 4 decoders.. But they do sound amazing and these are my most favourite loco's so far..