Where to start on a station build?

Daniel-378271

Hello all,

Hope i posted this in the right place..... anyways.

I have recently collected all my old hornby stuff from my parents house an was thinking of setting up a something in the loft of my house and the one station i have known and grown up to see alot of was Derby station around the 90s an early 00s so this is the era i am thinking around?

Is there a site or place i can go to find photos of around this time? I have searched google an found afew but nothing really to help me start laying anything down an draw some ideas up on?

Thanks Dan

Hi Daniel, This post would have been better in the general discussion section. Maybe an ordinance survey map of the area will help with the track layout, I know Bee uses them all the time for his research about the Liverpool and Manchester Railway.

XYZ

Another good source is your local planning dept. If they have an online version various planning applications for the area may show old maps in the 'documents' section for the application.

If I have found the correct station , you'll likely need to truncate it. The station alone will be= 3.7m long!