Jouef BB 25181 SNCF - Lima Corail coaches

JOUEF BB 25181 SNCF LIMA COACHES CORAIL (youtube.com)

Before being purchased by Hornby, in the last months of production the Lime group hurriedly created models that were a mix of the various brands. The beautiful BB25181 locomotive that I purchased from Contesso in Nice is actually in every respect a Lima model with ringfield engine. The Corail carriages which at the end of the 90s were produced by Lima in perfect 1:87 scale as the Lima collection with the blue box.

Best greetings Alberto

Great video. I have one of the earlier Jouef versions of this loco in the blue green livery which was bought as a non-runner. It just needed all the contacts cleaning. Mine has been fitted with Playcraft Dublo-type couplings and lives in a repro Playcraft box as a Neverwazza. Similarly a red Capitol BB9200 and blue-green BB16000. All very similar locos to look at but the BB9200 were 1500v dc, the BB16000 were 25Kv ac and the BB25xxx were dual voltage. Like a number of French families of locos the dual voltage class number was obtained by adding the dc and ac class numbers.

I also have a couple of the Hornby ACHO BB16000s and a JEP BB9200 body on a Lima chassis fitted with Jouef pantographs.

The Jouef versions need a bit of plastic to be filed off the bottom of the buffer beam for the Playcraft type coupling to work properly.

Jouef did some earlier versions of these locos which were low voltage, I have one somewhere and it’s either 3.6 or 6v. This version was also available with two motor bogies. There was a cheap version available with fixed pantographs on the old very basically detailed body but running on 12v and a clockwork version of the BB9200.

Great locos, I could watch them all day.

Dearest friends,

Your comments on the video fill me with happiness. Hornby, a prestigious brand in the world for model railways, has under its umbrella brands rooted in their countries of origin, in practice Hornby today produces models from all over the world.

1) Rana Temporia you make me really happy and you are very knowledgeable about this category of locomotives. Your comment would be ideal to quote as a description of the video.

2) Mr. Bee, in reality the dancer travels with one of the two pantographs raised and to be precise on the French Riviera where we spent over 20 years of holidays the dancer model is longer, it is the 25000 class with 2 windows next to the doors of the train drivers and the side grille shutters. This Lima model was produced in 1996 and has worked perfectly ever since.

Thank you with all my heart.

Every day if I can I will publish a video ending the series with 2 Rivarossi models as gifts from my parents way back in 1964. Then I will move on to the British Hornby models. And then........let's leave a little suspense.

Thanks to you and all the friends on the forum.

Alberto

ps) Jasmine is better, she takes the required treatments and when I see her happy she fills me with joy.

Alberto 👨‍🦳👩🐶

For your enjoyment grinning

A series of Jouef locos. Top clockwork BB9004, I have a clockwork BB9200 but it’s in the attic at the moment.

Early 6v BB9201 fixed pantographs short body

12v BB9201 fixed pantographs, short body (tatty box)

Later 12v BB9201 with longer body and working pantographs. Moused cabling on the roof.

12v BB16001 working single arm pantographs and separate cabling on the roof.

12v BB25110 working single arm pantographs, separate cabling and repro Playcraft box.

My Le Mistral red BB9200s are in the attic along with the Hornby Acho and JEP locos.

forum_image_65ba9b04b4602.thumb.png.68fa630ee66319224393dc86ed86b0ce.png