Railmaster and Bluetooth sound decoders

Hi just recently got a new hm7000 Bluetooth sound decoder which I’ve setup on the app but thought I’d try it by normal dcc so changed over in the app and put it on my programing track with railmaster to read the cv’s but it doesn’t work just getting unable to read messages I know the tracks clean etc I was under the impression these decoders are normal decoders with the Bluetooth control added on so I would have thought you could read the cv’s as any other decoder ? Anyone got any ideas ?

The HM7000 do work with RM as others on this forum have posted. So you have something that is affecting you that needs resolving.

Maybe you need to do something you haven't done.

For example how have you configured the DCC Address you want to use in Railmaster. If you have done that from within the Bluetooth APP, that is a known issue and currently (until fixed in the APP) you have to configure the DCC address you want to use on the programming track using the RM address writing utility.

You also have to set CV12 for DCC operation ... have you done that?

Also read the HM7000 manual and 'Text based Tutorials' for additional guidance.

HM DCC Guides :: Hornby Hobbies

ok I’m still new to cv’s so can you tell me what I need to do as I can’t change cv12 in railmaster as it’s not reading anything I’ve tried writing a new address to it also so is it something in the app I need to do ? And what value does cv12 need to be ? I’ve only done things like speed and braking as far as cv’s are concerned but that’s on other decoders just basic ones

There is absolutely no reason to read a CV if you can't. DCC Controllers [including RM] allow writing blind [this means writing a CV value WITHOUT reading it first]. In fact in RM, writing blind in many cases actually works more robustly as the integrated RM decoder database is not involved in a blind write and it is usually the decoder database that causes problems.

CV12 is documented on Page 48 of the HM7000 manual.

CV12 = 0 [zero for DCC control]

CV12 = 2 [two for Bluetooth APP control]

In order to write a CV value blind. To save reinventing the wheel and duplicating the instructions here go to the Railmaster FAQ Index pinned sticky thread linked to below and follow guidance in FAQ 3.

I would also suggest that you follow FAQ 2 to actually add your HM7000 equipped loco to the Railmaster throttle list.

RailMaster FAQ Index :: Hornby Hobbies

So I suggest writing blind a value of 0 [zero] to CV12 using guidance in FAQ 3, then following guidance in FAQ 2 to add your loco to Railmaster.

When you get to the stage where the loco is functioning normally in RM, then use the APP [not RM] to change CV12 back to Bluetooth control via the APP. If all is well, you should then be able to just use the APP to switch between Bluetooth APP and RM DCC control and back again.

See Also.

This recent thread in another sub-forum that relates to switching between APP and DCC control.

Switching HM7000 to DCC control :: Hornby Hobbies

Likely the reason RM is not reading your decoder is because it is not in the RM database yet. Usually RM would flag this up and request sending a pdf of the datasheet. No need for that as there is reputed to be a big update of RM soon, which is likely to include HM7K decoder devinitions.

As stated use the write blind technique but there is no reason why you cannot refresh the CVs in the app and take a look at them for accuracy.