Model Rail Scotland

GMD

Thought it might be worthwhile to start a thread on next week’s MRS. Anyone heading up (or across or down) to Glasgow? Pictures and Posts of TT120 stuff etc, after the event. 

I expect to be there for the Friday, but not more than that I’m afraid. Be great to meet other TT120 folk if possible!

I’m also heading up for a few hours on Friday. ‘Twill be my first model railway exhibition visit in decades I think!

I think the next Train Terminal was promised to show-off development samples of something. The article may have been published by then, so probably won’t be a surprise, but it wI’ll be good to see something in person. 

Edited by Moccasin
Clarity

Gentle bump to this thread. Heading away tonight to Glasgow - only got Friday at the SEC - hope to catch Moccasin and Dave if you're both about. Anyone else venturing to the wilds of old Caledonia?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GMD said:

Lol - if you see someone looking confused and dishevelled that'll be me! (Point of information - does anyone ever look 'shevelled'?)

Interesting etymology:

Dishevel(l)ed comes from Middle English discheveled, meaning "bareheaded" or "with disordered hair." That word is partially based on Anglo-French deschevelé, a combination of the prefix des- ("dis-") and chevoil ("hair"). In English, disheveled describes things other than hair that have a messy or untidy appearance.

I hope I won't get my knuckles rapped for going off topic (again!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

With a bit of luck I'll be through at the SECC on Friday. I'll try and be at the Hornby stand at 13:00. I'll probably be the only one looking at Electrotren models (if any get brought).

I'll keep an eye out for an unfeasibly tall guy, someone confused, and someone in a green shirt, though that only rules out half of Glasgow!

Will do. Hope to take plenty of pics. First exhibition in years for me so looking forward to it. Eyes peeled for the unfeasibly tall man and the chap trying to avoid to offend one half of the city or the other…!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Am currently enjoying LNER hospitality just south of Edinburgh. I forget how much I enjoy travelling by train for leisure. That said, the exprerience isn’t quite up to the standards of Rocky Mountaineer that I enjoyed to Banff or to Moab in the US last year!