HM7040 Bluetooth Dongle Manual?

gilbo2

In preparation for the imminent arrival of the Legacy Dongle, I've been trying to look for any manuals to get my homework done. I can see a "quick start" in the HM7000 DCC Guides area, but no more detail. I also cannot see much in the Reference Manual, unless I've missed it :classic_wacko:!

Specifically, the Quick Start says in section 6D, ensure your DCC loco is setup in the app, but doesn't give any more information on what that means. I'm sure its easy when you know, but until then, I've created a (DCC) loco in the engine shed, but how do you make it appear in the control screen, do you just assign the dongle to multiple DCC locos in the shed?

Edited by gilbo2

• gilbo2 changed the title to HM7040 Bluetooth Dongle Manual?

I've only had a quick scan of the quick start guide but I think you set the dongle up first, then you, (making sure the target loco is on the track) address the target loco by conventional DCC address from the app. More than that I cannot say until I get one in my hands.

The updated text based tutorial was posted by @96RAF in another thread. It provides a more comprehensive guide to setting things up. If you click on the image below it will take you there (click on image and then when it opens, click on the blue contents text bottom right)

download

Edited by Moccasin
Tip on opening tutorial added
  • Like 1

Have a thought for the test team - no manual but fortunately it's reasonably intuitive.

Plug the dongle into the Elite, power it on then scan and link to the app - same process as a loco decoder.

Using the add new loco button in the engine shed, create a profile for your non TXS loco. Then assign that loco to the dongle and import a profile map from the profile list.

The new loco can then be selected and controlled from the app.

This can be done as many times as you like with different locos - I'm on around thirty.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gilbo2 said:

Thanks for that @SteveM6, sounds like my original assumption on how to use the dongle was too not far off the mark. Sounds all quite straight forward :classic_wink:.

Next on my list, point control, but we'll leave that one for now :classic_smile:

Point control is on the to-do list. They are working on consisting next. Consisting by dcc works already in TXS, but they need to generate a phantom MAC address in the app to consist from there.

Then they need a more advanced UI for points/signal control to take advantage of the full potential of the HM6010 module. Once that is place then it will read across to control of legacy R8247 acc decoders, as these are essentially the same device apart from the bluetooth capability and box shape/colour.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gilbo2 said:

In preparation for the imminent arrival of the Legacy Dongle, I've been trying to look for any manuals to get my homework done. I can see a "quick start" in the HM7000 DCC Guides area, but no more detail. I also cannot see much in the Reference Manual, unless I've missed it :classic_wacko:!

Specifically, the Quick Start says in section 6D, ensure your DCC loco is setup in the app, but doesn't give any more information on what that means. I'm sure its easy when you know, but until then, I've created a (DCC) loco in the engine shed, but how do you make it appear in the control screen, do you just assign the dongle to multiple DCC locos in the shed?

A loco of any persuasion only appears in the control screen ribbon if it has been assigned to a decoder (TXS or dongle if regular dcc) and is Active in the Engine Shed. 

• Like 1