Hobbycraft

On 21/03/2024 at 15:32, Dominic Thomas said:

A valuable heads-up, thank you. 
Unfortunately, my nearest would involve an 80 mile round trip ☹️

Not an issue if you spend £25+ as its free delivery!

On 29/11/2021 at 15:48, Trev1707822174 said:

I have just returned from a visit to Hobbycraft and the only Airfix/ Humbrol products on display were two model kits which were being cleared and a few Humbrol enamel paints I spoke to the Manageress who probably does "have a clue" and she told me the problem was more that Airfix seem to becoming more interested in their online business. I therefore am of the opinion from many years experience that Airfix have changed and tightened up their pricing strategy and conditions to multiples and Hobbycraft and perhaps some others I don't know about have refused to accept them. You may very well see in the future as happens regularly, when business starts to become effected either one party gives in or more likely they come to a compromise. If what I have been told is true I can see Airfix being the loser as I like many other make spontaneous buys or want to actually handle a box.

I must admit, more recently I’ve purchased more Airfix kits direct from Airfix rather than retailers, on-line or local. With the new Club Membership discounts and endless sales, it’s hard to find a better deal elsewhere. This is a marked change from a year or so ago.