Do Airfix read your Wishlists?

Ratch

The answer is YES!

Patrick & I have just had a meeting with the Management, and something we brought up was the Wishlist items. The guys at Airfix confirmed that they regularly read the proposed items, not only here, but also on other Social Media and private e-mails to the Company. Their policy is not to openly respond to such appeals, as they might be used by other manufacturers in strategy and marketing decisions. However, they have given  Patrick & I permission to respond on their behalf for suggestions that have reached fruition.

As an example - they have listened to the appeal for a new tool Handley Page Hampden, and while a new tool is not imminent (2024) it was decided to re-issue the old tool as a stop-gap. A new tool was neither confirmed or denied, but they acknowledge the desire for this aircraft.

So, although they may not respond "in person", they are listening.

• Like 3

I think it’s really important that you two have had such a meeting. 
I also think that a properly reasoned business case for a few (1-2) models would be more likely to lead to a successful outcome, rather than just a list of ‘I wants’. The amount of effort several of us have put into requests for a new Hampden and that you have mentioned this kit bear this out. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Ratch unpinned this topic