Track design

MB Slots

This has been asked here a lot.

Try the search function for more details.

I personally like Anyrail for planning.

There is a book by Robert Schleicher that has pages and pages of setups specifically for pool tables. Fairly easy to get used especially in the US.

My only tips are:

1: If you plan on entertaining/racing with folks who don`'t slot race often you might want to avoid R1 (tightest) curves if possible.

2: Don't use crossover (C8023) if you can help it unless of course your racers know how to handle them...

3: If going digital, try to have a straight before the changer so the guide blade is centered to ensure good changes. Even a short 78 mm will help.

4: Try to have borders as much as possible (to avoid cars flying off the table) to avoid people "riding the guardrail" and gaining an advantage. There is "clips and barriers" pack (C8212) that you can use to put guardrails 1 CM/ half an inch away from the track to increase difficulty.

5: Go for a combo of turns, fast curves (R3 and R4 radius) and try to get one nice long straight in that can be taken at full throttle for a full second.

Whenever I follow these rules people usually have fun!

• Like 2

On 28/02/2024 at 05:57, Andy P. said:

There is a book by Robert Schleicher that has pages and pages of setups specifically for pool tables. Fairly easy to get used especially in the US.

My only tips are:

1: If you plan on entertaining/racing with folks who don`'t slot race often you might want to avoid R1 (tightest) curves if possible.

2: Don't use crossover (C8023) if you can help it unless of course your racers know how to handle them...

3: If going digital, try to have a straight before the changer so the guide blade is centered to ensure good changes. Even a short 78 mm will help.

4: Try to have borders as much as possible (to avoid cars flying off the table) to avoid people "riding the guardrail" and gaining an advantage. There is "clips and barriers" pack (C8212) that you can use to put guardrails 1 CM/ half an inch away from the track to increase difficulty.

5: Go for a combo of turns, fast curves (R3 and R4 radius) and try to get one nice long straight in that can be taken at full throttle for a full second.

Great tips Andy!

On 28/02/2024 at 05:57, Andy P. said:

• Like 1

On 28/02/2024 at 10:57, Andy P. said:

My only tips are:

100% the best track are the ones that flow. Often the Jadlam type figure of 8 tracks with lots of track aren't great for racing. 

• Like 1