Track Planning Software for Mac Users - Railmodeller Express / Railmodeller Pro

marcus28

For those who aren't in the know and who are Mac users wanting to use track planning software 'there is an app for that'.

As per most varieties on Windows the 'Express' version allows you to lay 50 track pieces, for more complex layouts you need to purchase the 'Pro' version. There is also an IOS app which allows you to browse other users creativity to get ideas. Both Hornby OO and TT:120 scales are covered.

The website for more information is as follows:-

https://www.railmodeller.com/home-railmodeller.html

To purchase on the Apple App Store:-

https://apps.apple.com/fr/app/railmodeller-pro/id952380304?l=en-GB&mt=12

I am no way affiliated with the software or with Apple. This is just a heads up.

• Like 1

I used this to design my TT layout. It doesn’t have the double straight in the track list and not sure how to add them. I just coloured two straights next to each other green to make it easier when counting track pieces. 

26 minutes ago, Tim Allen said:

I used this to design my TT layout. It doesn’t have the double straight in the track list and not sure how to add them. I just coloured two straights next to each other green to make it easier when counting track pieces. 

Anyrail doesn't have these pieces either.

On 28/02/2024 at 13:59, Moccasin said:

Anyrail doesn't have these pieces either.

I have received confirmation from AnyRail support that the Double Straight will be included at the next update.

• Like 1

I have now received confirmation from AnyRail support this this item is now included in an updated AnyRail version (6.56).

Excellent support as usual from AnyRail, less than a week after I contacted them.