No February Train Terminal blog?

Moccasin

I think in January's edition of Train Terminal we were promised a preview of a development sample this month, but it's now nearly 1600 on the last day of the month and there's not been a peep. Their inconsistency is a little frustrating.

It's a bit disappointing because it's one thing that the people in Margate do have some control over.

On the other hand, perhaps there is nothing to report so why waste everyone's time?

Well they did promise a development sample in last month’s issue. I do agree though that they need to lower expectations if they aren’t able to meet the monthly issue rate. I’m sure they could have rustled up a short piece about all their shiny new HSTs and said that the promised development sample preview was being held back until March. 

It has been suggested that Train Terminal and Signal Box be introduced to the forum as a more interactive way of engaging them with the membership.

The Engine Shed already has a forum section but if this could be made fully interactive between members and those who produce the article it may help resolve some of these tardy issue discussions.

What if anything becomes of the suggestion is obviously in the hands of Hornby Towers as the new forum evolves.

Thanks @96RAF - I did note that this new platform has a feature for blogs etc which I presume is a feature that may be added as things settle in. I think integration here would be a good thing. I'm not sure why Train Terminal needs to be members only still, given that the TT120 club is free to join. 

• Like 1

As they've said (since the last TT blog/video was done) that they are doing their next announcement on TT120 in April and have said nothing new is to be said before then that would explain why there's no Train Terminal?!!!! 🤣

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Hobby1707822967 said:

As they've said (since the last TT blog/video was done) that they are doing their next announcement on TT120 in April and have said nothing new is to be said before then that would explain why there's no Train Terminal?!!!! 🤣

Their January TT said there would be another one in Feb and that it would include news of a development sample. That was I think after they announced the April TT event during the OO launch. They could have said in the last TT that there would be no TT until April. It doesn't need much, and some TTs have been largely regurgitated material, but consistency and fulfilling promises keeps customers on side. 

Here's what they said:

Quick Model Updates

The final samples of the Class 43 HST units have been approved and are in full production. The Class 50 locomotives, Mk2 and Mk3 coaches are also in full production.

Look out for next month's Train Terminal where we'll showcase an exciting development sample you've all been waiting for. Don't miss out!

And stay tuned for the Hornby TT:120 Range Launch in April 2024…

Edited by Moccasin
added Train Terminal text

• 2 weeks later...

A bit of a waste in my opinion, model wise they are telling us the HST's are nearly ready as they have the final painted samples yet we already have the production models now.

Other than that details of an exhibition and the new announcement date.

• Like 3

I'd actually given up hope of it arriving and now that it has it's all a bit underwhelming! I definitely get the impression it was written to be released a month ago when it might have made sense but not now. 

• Like 3