TT:120…..It’s Numbers Game 🤣

I doubt many would hand over such relationship critical information, even anonymously 🤣. There was a pointless poll a few days ago that claimed to prove TT:120 was irrelevant and would bankrupt Hornby, the reality is something quite the opposite. You are safe for now 🤣

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see their figures for the 23-24 financial year when they’re published in the summer. The half year report was encouraging and the arrival of the HSTs at the end of the financial year will no doubt give it a big boost. A few hundred models at £220 each, plus coaches at nearly £40 each will do no harm at all. If the other HSTs arrive before 31st March, that’ll be even better.

I’m assuming that the double points initiative is intended to help meet their overall targets.

Edited by Moccasin
31 days in March! D’oh!
  • Like 1

On 02/03/2024 at 12:37, Postman On The Rails said:

Looking at the title I was going for 2 from the top and the rest from anywhere else please Carol … be interesting to see OO new stock levels / pre-orders vs TT

I did the show page source and looked for label data-stock-level on a few items. I tried to get as close as like for like on pre-order.

HST Exec Livery -  51 for OO and it was around 115 for TT at the time of release.

HST BR Blue - 48 for OO and 68 + 84 for TT (TT has DC & DCC, OO is DC)

Mk3 Buffett Exec - 17 for OO (TT already released)

Mk3 Buffett Blue - Both OO & TT have 91 each

Mk3 1st class Exec era 8 - 16 for OO (TT already released)

Mk3 Standard Open Blue - 20 for OO and 69 for TT

Green Class 08 Shunter - 55 for OO and 104 for TT

Obviously there are none TT items that could have very large pre-orders so that could eclipse what TT could be selling. Pre-orders don't necessarily dictate how popular something will be post launch.

Edited by Tim Allen

4 hours ago, Postman On The Rails said:

I looked at the pro-order numbers for the items I were buying was a surprise, assuming the minus number in stock level are the pre-orders

104 Green Gronks looks healthy for something that appeared to be something of an afterthought... 84 Blue HST (DCC Sound)

Part of me wonders how that looks compared to order runs and ROI clip levels... Another part of me wished he never looked and felt compelled to preorder more things I can't afford 😬

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StuLarge said:

104 Green Gronks looks healthy for something that appeared to be something of an afterthought... 84 Blue HST (DCC Sound)

Part of me wonders how that looks compared to order runs and ROI clip levels... Another part of me wished he never looked and felt compelled to preorder more things I can't afford 😬

104 is indeed a healthy number, especially when they’ll get more revenue from the retailers, though not quite as much as direct sales. 84 for the DCC HST also not bad, presumably the analogue set is a similar number. At least the other diesels (50 & 66) are spaced out over the rest of the year.

Edited by Moccasin

10 minutes ago, Rallymatt said:

Obviously those numbers are only a part of the bigger picture. They are only the Hornby Web Shop, which as we know can have fluctuating stock levels 😁

Exactly, it won’t take preorders from shops etc but then again it’s no more skewed than asking 2500 people who are OO modellers if they’re going TT and deciding from the results that no one is buying. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Tim, at least they are hard numbers in the public domain, hard to argue with although the Chief Poll Setter would be impossible to argue with, as my mates dad (typical Yorkshire Farmer) used to say ‘ you can’t educate pork’ 🤣

Edited by Rallymatt
Because I can… for 37 seconds
  • Haha 2

Perhaps more an indicator of appetite?

Leviathan: 143 DC Vs 28 DCC Sound

Could suggest loving the models but not convinced by Bluetooth gadgetry (or comfort with existing DCC equipment).

Either way a healthy appetite.

As someone coming back fresh to the hobby in adulthood (slowly, at a limited budget and with an unconvinced wife) the OOTB Bluetooth DCC sound was a no brainer... I did cheekily suggest/ ask SK if shrinking the smoke generator was on the cards... "Time will tell" that really would be all my childhood dreams come true.

Certainly what I did. Bought two decoders with the 20% discount code from the DCC exec HST cancellation. 28 additional pre-orders in 5 weeks or so seems healthy when early adopters have already got the analogue version on pre-order.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Generic Hornby Username said:

That’s exactly right. The Class 66 and Class 50 digital versions were only revealed in January. Many people with longstanding preorders placed them when they had 15% discounts. Cancelling them now would result in them losing their discount. Might as well buy the decoder separately! 

That is what happened with myself. I had my class 50 and 66 pre-orders in place with the 15% discount and all ordered before last years price rise so cancelling them all and reordering the DCC versions never made sense. I also have a pile of decoders bought cheaply from Hattons ready to fit to them.

• Like 1