Maglight for Mk 3 specification

Does anyone know why these lights are not suitable for any bogie length coaches? I'm thinking about getting some to install in my GWR and Southern coaches.

Edited by Brew Man

I've used the Maglights in my Hornby Mk3's  .. and they are not long enough. I've had to add two LEDS, one at each end to light up the vestibules else it just doesn't look right.

So, they're probably more suitable for your coaches as they are shorter.

I bought some for my 4 and 6 wheel coaches and found the battery just fitted snugly and more or less inconspicuously at the ends of each coach. Had a look at your Youtube video and I might have a go at that. As you say, very simple.

• Like 1

On 08/03/2024 at 09:18, Rallymatt said:

Easy to make to desired dimensions for a fraction of the price. 
https://youtu.be/v3Wq8StGX8c?si=sHi702srVq0Q0p53

I looked at Maglights for TT but the battery size was too big. 

@Rallymatt, do you have a ready supplier of latching reed switches? Apart from a few at silly prices all I could find were non-latching ones. There was one supplier that sold the latching type but were out of stock. I'm on the list to be notified when they re-stock though.

3 hours ago, Brew Man said:

@Rallymatt, do you have a ready supplier of latching reed switches? Apart from a few at silly prices all I could find were non-latching ones. There was one supplier that sold the latching type but were out of stock. I'm on the list to be notified when they re-stock though.

I listed the places I got stuff from in the video description. Latching are more expensive due to the sealed vacuum tube. 

Yes, the other one is for 4 and 6 wheel carriages. I have a number of those but thought it might be fun to attempt making some. Wasn't it you, BB who uses a yellowish varnish to turn stark white LEDs into a warmer and more in-period light?