R40436 L&MR, Royal Mail Coach - Coupling?

I see that the R40436 L&MR, Royal Mail coach is now in stock. The website says it has NEM couplings, but looking at the photo I cannot see any. I'm expecting it however to be compatible with the Lion/Tiger rolling stock, so will come with the same 'hook on' link couplings?

image.jpeg.571e6aa26bf6b557c0271a01190e5c63.jpeg

image.png

Edited by gilbo2
  • Like 1

Hi Gilbo 

I have the Royal Mail carriage, albeit when it came in R3956.  In that version, I can assure you, it has the identical chassis as others in range.  The couplings are indeed finescale chains.  No NEM pocket.

I pointed the website error out to Hornby some time ago, but apparently, it is still not fixed.

Bee

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, What About The Bee said:

Hi Gilbo 

I have the Royal Mail carriage, albeit when it came in R3956.  In that version, I can assure you, it has the identical chassis as others in range.  The couplings are indeed finescale chains.  No NEM pocket.

I pointed the website error out to Hornby some time ago, but apparently, it is still not fixed.

Bee

Thank you for the confirmation. I'd missed it had been released previously :classic_wink:

• Like 1

I've noticed that Hornby's website contains several inaccuracies within the technical data of its online shop. Specifically, some locomotives are listed as DCC ready, suggesting the need for 8-pin decoders, yet the technical specifications on the same page indicate a requirement for 21-pin decoders. This inconsistency can be quite confusing, especially for newcomers, and it doesn't instil much confidence. After reaching out to them regarding the A4 Commonwealth of Australia model, I was informed that it indeed requires a 21-pin decoder. Fortunately, they have since updated their website to correct this information. I would recommend contacting their technical support to address any discrepancies, as accurate information is crucial for a positive customer experience. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comments. Mistakes happen but when informed of errors it should get amended straight away?! Oh well, I would have done anyway to avoid unnecessary returns.