Buying from Modellbahnshop-lippe

hi noch do some nice sets i like the bbq set not a bad price in the sale , yes piko make nice locos i like the vectrons but most are £145 plus .

there are some that are £68 to £79 they are a hobby range but not too bad i have got to be good . i just got the TT120 hst on friday  

or the wife will nick my laptop and a hammer😊

1 hour ago, happy tt said:

yes piko make nice locos i like the vectrons but most are £145 plus .

Standard continental prices. The Hornby stuff is pretty cheap compared to what we're used to. So that's a nice change. I wonder how they will justify the higher Arnold prices not that they've shown they can do cheaper. We'll see.

yes piko prices are £78 in msl but in this country they are £110+ and thats a good price .i paid £71 pounds for two arnold hoppers about 6 weeks ago  from the hornby web site one week latter the same hoppers on msl £51 +p+p of£11 , but i would have order more to take care of the extra p+p the same with the hormby class 43HST  on msl £161 plus p+p£11 ,but plus inport duty and VAT how much would that  have come two

if you add   in the %20 vat  in germany  say 18 euros they still get it cheap than we do and the p+p is about £3 or 4 euros and they get paid more wages to boot win win and the old get for more thats what my father  would said every budget day lol😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_watts1 said:

There won't be any charges, if there was they would have collected before giving you the goods.:classic_smile:

I've had foreign deliveries from UPS where the tax/duty/handling charge was outstanding and I received an invoice later (I paid immediately and one time they couldn't find the payment so sent more demands which I had to sort out with them, but that's another issue).

Edited by ntpntpntp

11 minutes ago, ntpntpntp said:

I've had foreign deliveries from UPS where the tax/duty/handling charge was outstanding and I received an invoice later (I paid immediately and one time they couldn't find the payment so sent more demands which I had to sort out with them, but that's another issue).

I purchased £35 worth of electronic components inc. delivery from the US. Fedex delivered. A few weeks later I received an invoice that simple said "Shipping". I ignored it as I hadn't shipped anything with Fedex. A couple of months later I received a letter from debt collectors, when I spoke to them they expained it was for customet duties of £14.50 + their £7 costs if I paid over the phone. Apparently it is common with Fedex.

hi postman is that total with shipping £134 so below the amount you have to pay inport duty.

but you might get ask to pay vat .if so should it not be customs and excise to chase you for the vat or what ever they are called now .

not a delivery company like fedex

i order five lots of items from msl starting in feb and ending in dec last year i checked they where all below  £116  invalue  so no duty i have not had an invoice for any vat yet on any one of them so you might be ok

i can't wait to see the items you received today  pics please 😊

4 hours ago, happy tt said:

hi postman is that total with shipping £134 so below the amount you have to pay inport duty.

but you might get ask to pay vat .if so should it not be customs and excise to chase you for the vat or what ever they are called now .

not a delivery company like fedex

i order five lots of items from msl starting in feb and ending in dec last year i checked they where all below  £116  invalue  so no duty i have not had an invoice for any vat yet on any one of them so you might be ok

i can't wait to see the items you received today  pics please 😊

That’s correct so under the £135 limit and normally you pay the delivery company who pay HMRC FedEx will sometime pay the charges and then bill you for them, Parcel Force and Royal Mail send out a letter or card and will only release the item for delivery once paid 

11 hours ago, david_watts1 said:

I guess the lesson is: don't use Fedex as a shipping option or don't buy from the company if that is the only option.

I find nothing wrong with Fedex per se, they're as good as any of the international couriers.    I was most impressed with a recent model railway order from Japan that arrived by Fedex in 3 days, even quicker than most of my orders from Germany 🙂
Buying through ebay with the charges/fees all included in the total price avoids any doubt. 

2 hours ago, ntpntpntp said:

I find nothing wrong with Fedex per se, they're as good as any of the international couriers.    I was most impressed with a recent model railway order from Japan that arrived by Fedex in 3 days, even quicker than most of my orders from Germany 🙂
Buying through ebay with the charges/fees all included in the total price avoids any doubt. 

That’s the good thing about FedEx the sender can choose who to bill them or recipient 

I had to call out Fedex as they wanted to charge me import taxes on model railway goods from Canada (routed thru' and opened for inspection in USA). I contested their invoice and quoted the zero rated exemption Customs codes for toy trains, train-set, toy train accessories to get them to admit they were wrong. It only took a couple of months despite their 3-5 working days claim to resolve it.

3 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

I had to call out Fedex as they wanted to charge me import taxes on model railway goods from Canada (routed thru' and opened for inspection in USA). I contested their invoice and quoted the zero rated exemption Customs codes for toy trains, train-set, toy train accessories to get them to admit they were wrong. It only took a couple of months despite their 3-5 working days claim to resolve it.

That’s normally customs rather than FedEx and US are the worst for it 

Everything i have had delivered from Modellbahnshop-lippe has been via DHL. Only had to pay vat once and that was for the Turntable i got from them, was still cheaper than i could find in the UK. Same for Tillig track.  Superb customer services and u always get a load of TT brochures..

2 hours ago, Postman On The Rails said:

That’s normally customs rather than FedEx and US are the worst for it 

Fedex had 'collected' tax on behalf of Customs to allow the parcel to be delivered, then they invoiced me for payment.

MSL now only offer FedEx as an option in U.K. At first after Brexit they still used DHL but local delivery was by Parcelforce. They sent you a letter requesting payment of the VAT before they would deliver the item.

I've had three orders delivered by FedEx, all over the limit. The first time I received an email with an invoice for the VAT before delivery, the second I received a letter after delivery. The third I've received (yesterday) but haven't had a letter yet. I expect it's on its way. But these were all for European N gauge items.

I've just received my latest delivery from MSL.  The label on the package states total value 129.77, which is the amount I paid, excluding shipping, in Euros (as stated on the invoice they emailed to me).

I don't expect to pay any extra - why should I? Of course I'm always a bit nervous that something will go "wrong"...

So far I've had no issues with FedEx (other than their notifications aren't very accurate).

hi smr248 the amount on you is 129.77  package is in euros and is about £110.90 pounds so is fine and you should be ok for the duty.

if you login to msn  on msl webpage and put something in your basket and look to the left under your name on the shopping cart it says no vat on this order thats why you get different amounts per items on the web page and  in your shopping cart ln euros and pounds first german vat is taken off

and then uk vat and  the msl price thats why  i keep 20% ready for an invoice just in case so £104 plus £10.70 p+p plus £20 .to pay it 

that was my last order  l just do it for myself  i have not had to use my £20 for the vat yet after one year's  worth of models but not a lot by peachys standard lol

😊