Rails and Hattons

I can imagine what some of the other model shops will have to say next time I speak to them!!

That 'Hattons name' was very important during my childhood, originally being from Liverpool and having used the original Smithdown Road shop on many occasions - Dad parking opposite, then using the pedestrian crossing to cross over ...

Al.

• RB51 changed the title to Rails and Hattons

I'm not sure I would describe it as the "Hattons Brand"? What they have bought is the product database and expansive “Directory” system.. Rails will soon relaunch these services and will continue to update them with new information. A useful source of information.

Edited by Bulleidboy

The general Hattons' website, and Hattons' themselves was superb and very helpful.

I'm glad this database remains accessible and that it will be updated - strange move that it remains a Hattons' domain, unless they're expected to return .... ??

Al.

57 minutes ago, RDS said:

The Hattons pre-owned range cost me a fortune!

Yes me too. It was an excellent service though. You'd wonder why they had to close with the likes of you and me emptying our pockets to them on an almost daily basis 🤔.

1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

The general Hattons' website, and Hattons' themselves was superb and very helpful.

I'm glad this database remains accessible and that it will be updated - strange move that it remains a Hattons' domain, unless they're expected to return .... ??

Al.

It could have simply been easier to continue to host the existing domain rather than modify it to a new one.

I am very glad that they're continuing the database. As already mentioned, I found the Hattons website very easy to navigate.