Seeking Assistance Regarding Forum Rules Section 8: Moderation

Hello, fellow members of the Hornby forum,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to seek some clarification and assistance regarding a particular aspect of our forum rules, specifically Section 8 concerning moderation.

As many of you may know, Section 8 of our forum rules states: "Moderation: Discussions about moderator actions are to be taken offline. Please contact us directly with any concerns about moderation, using the contact details provided in our forum's FAQ section."

However, despite my efforts, I have been unable to locate the FAQ section or the contact details mentioned therein. Whenever I attempt to search for it, no results are returned, leaving me at a loss on how to proceed.

I value the guidelines set forth by our community and respect the need for proper channels when addressing concerns about moderation. Therefore, I am reaching out to kindly request assistance in accessing the appropriate contact information or guidelines for reaching out to moderators offline.

If any of you could provide me with a direct link or guidance on how to access this information, I would greatly appreciate it. Alternatively, if a moderator could point me in the right direction, it would be immensely helpful.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your assistance.

With the previous iteration of the forum not allowing direct/private messaging the ‘alternative/offline’ communication channel was Hornby Customer Services.  Now that direct/private messaging is available - the moderators are contactable away from public view to seek clarification & Hornby Customer Services is still available as well.

Click of Staff, you will see Administrators and Moderators who can be contacted by Private Message.

Invision have simply copied the old forum posts across without updating their content.

1 hour ago, LTSR_NSE said:

With the previous iteration of the forum not allowing direct/private messaging the ‘alternative/offline’ communication channel was Hornby Customer Services.  Now that direct/private messaging is available - the moderators are contactable away from public view to seek clarification & Hornby Customer Services is still available as well.

The whole point of the contact about who polices the police means that such contact about moderation issues is not directed to moderators but rather to Hornby Towers admin staff. Whilst you can message moderators about moderation issues my response at least will be you are barking up the wrong tree. At present there is no direct link to Admin but this is being addressed as is clarification of the guidelines.

53 minutes ago, Ratch said:

Click of Staff, you will see Administrators and Moderators who can be contacted by Private Message.

Invision have simply copied the old forum posts across without updating their content.

I don't think Gen-Pop can see the Staff link.

3 minutes ago, 96RAF said:

The whole point of the contact about who polices the police means that such contact about moderation issues is not directed to moderators but rather to Hornby Towers admin staff. Whilst you can message moderators about moderation issues my response at least will be you are barking up the wrong tree. At present there is no direct link to Admin but this is being addressed as is clarification of the guidelines.

Certainly challenges/disputes need taking to Hornby - I believe appropriate private communication with mods would be limited to a polite enquiry as to the exact nature of the transgression - to ensure it can be avoided in future.

2 minutes ago, LTSR_NSE said:

Certainly challenges/disputes need taking to Hornby - I believe appropriate private communication with mods would be limited to a polite enquiry as to the exact nature of the transgression - to ensure it can be avoided in future.

If a warning is given to a member or other restriction applied the moderator may send a note to the member telling the associated whys - wherefores, and also copy that to other moderators and admin. The member will either be allowed to respond or not according to the settings of the warning. Penalty points may also be applied to a members rep for those who are into that form of adulation.

Otherwise normal direct messaging to a moderator is no different to direct messaging between members.

• Thanks 1

I have found talking to moderators in private to be calm and reasonable.  The face they present here is the same one you will see there.

Just in case you do not know how to do it (skip if you do know): 3 bar drop down at top if your screen -> you see your avatar -> find the envelope -> click on that -> compose new -> select addressee, which in this case would be a moderator

Bee

Edited by What About The Bee
Spacing/carriage returns
  • Like 1