New TT:120 Intercity Train Sets Online

Dodge1965

1 minute ago, Rallymatt said:

That’s a great value set, track, PSU, two coaches for £10! Well worth waiting for Autumn for some on a tight budget. And the 125 coaches not due for a big anyway. 

Totally agreed...  I meant to add this to my post, but can't...   This train set with sound features the following: a Class 43 HST power car numbered E43063, a Class 43 HST dummy car numbered E43062, two Mk3 TS coaches numbered E42064 and E42065, a transformer, a train controller, a buffer stop, a full curve, a power straight, a standard straight, a 3rd full curve, a left-hand point and a re-railer.

39 minutes ago, Dodge1965 said:

Totally agreed...  I meant to add this to my post, but can't...   This train set with sound features the following: a Class 43 HST power car numbered E43063, a Class 43 HST dummy car numbered E43062, two Mk3 TS coaches numbered E42064 and E42065, a transformer, a train controller, a buffer stop, a full curve, a power straight, a standard straight, a 3rd full curve, a left-hand point and a re-railer.

Looks like the classic Blue/Yellow BR. Nice for those starting out.

Wonder what a certain YouTuber will do now when they moaned about the TT 120 HST costing £600+ for a new starter... that video didn't date well.

• Haha 1

As listed the power cars have same numbers as the individual items but the 2 TSO MK3s have different running numbers but still Eastern Region prefix. Of course it could all change by the time it’s back up again. 
If price is correct when it’s officially released for pre order, it’s a great value set and for some, something to help ease the costs. The OO 125 sets were massive sellers for Hornby in 70’s and 80’s especially. Arriving in autumn in time for Christmas 2024, it will be another massive sales Bonaza for Hornby in TT:120. Just hope they can order enough! 

Edited by Rallymatt
Gram Oar
  • Like 1

Yes, they are full train sets. Remember Hornby often do a great value package in a trainset, and it was shown as a Web Exclusive. Easterner and Scotsman were similarly very keenly priced so it’s probably not a pricing error. Would be a great move by Hornby to continue The TT:120 World Domination Master Plan 

• Haha 1

When I looked at the sets before they disappeared under the "What’s in side" tab it just said 2 locos and 2 coaches, no mention of track and power supply.

Now, If some clever person can come up with a way to run one decoder only, and still have directional lights for DCC .... 

Stop it ... I must resist this slippery slope and stick to steam 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GazC said:

When I looked at the sets before they disappeared under the "What’s in side" tab it just said 2 locos and 2 coaches, no mention of track and power supply.

That is correct, the info i copied was from the description.

Good catch! Honestly, this will probably sell better than the LNER version. This is a smart move as far as I'm concerned. 

Assuming the running numbers are correct, these should be the same coaches that are being sold separately. They correspond to TT4023A and TT4023B. The listed running numbers in the item description has been changed in the final sample. You can see they share the same running numbers (E 42064 and E 42065) if you click on the picture and look carefully at the running number. So no exclusive coaches with this set, which isn't really a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, GazC said:

This will be clarified when they go on sale properly but usually a trainset includes track and controller of some sort. Just locos and coaches would normally be described as a Train Pack. 
It will be clear soon enough though 😁

I have been on the fence about ordering the (sound fitted) Blue Grey HST (for the domestic that will follow) but at that price for the set it's probably worth it.

Edited by StuLarge
  • Like 1

The two Easterner sets are now showing as “pre-order” on the Hornby website, though no date is given. While this is not unexpected, given other retailers were already taking pre-orders, it removes any doubt that these two sets will remain in the range.

Not surprising in many respects as they are great value - about £30 more than the locomotive on its own.