Seriously where are the locomotives? Does Anyone want to sell NEW BR BLUE anymore?

WOW the year 2024 ' For a crumbly like me (mature person) its 'The Future'  Or is it?  

Chasing a couple of new Locomotives and I understand after a few years companies will go back and retool a model and after a few years re-release again with a weathered or additional features. But it feels like something happened.  Hornby WOWED us with a much needed upgrade to the XPT/125.

So without mentioning the locos iI'm chasing (but very popular BR BLUE models) the hunt went on. Hornby, Bachmann ... Accurascale, Australian Model Shops, Getting desperate now we go to EBAY.  SOLD OUT or Sometimes Pre-order.... Hrmm i was amazed really not even someone selling second hand, the market is slim pickings.

OK Well lets get our name onto a list with a preorder.  Contacted a manufacturer whom you can imagine..... Who told me you can not oder direct from us see one of these 26 Sellers in Australia.   

Contact many and no one would assist most did not even reply.  Hrmm So I go back to XYZ manufacturer who brought the list down to 3.  Contact all three only one was prepared and assured me they have 8 on preorder and would contact me once and or IF they arrive explaining they don't take deposits anymore more after NO show products and employing additional staff to sift through refunds.  My local supplier in town has had ZERO joy dealing with the Australian rep from Hornby and i admit i have been fortunate to buy direct from the Hornby site albeit with extreme freight costs which is why we are recommended to stick with our local suppliers.

I admit I'm not hip to the scene with the latest news and publications all i know is that in the Lawn Mower world in APR 2024 Briggs & Stratton can't get bodies to mount their lawnmower motors.   

Did the pandemic create a surge in people enjoying this marvellous hobby or is there logic to such a shortage?  Thanks your your input & perhaps you have not noticed it and can pass on your preferred model supplier with healthy stock levels of BR Blue gear:)

OP

I feel your pain dealing with the Australian rep from Hornby and the extreme postage cost A$100 for something costing A$100. And when you preorder something that is 260 pounds, which is free postage, they deduct the 20% VAT and add 10% GST which brings it down to 240 pounds so then add on the 50 pounds postage. Even Ned Kelly would not pull that stunt.

Your right.  I picked up two NEW weathered Bachmann Suburban BR Blue Coaches for .... $80 POUNDS (160ish AUD) and the only way seller would get them to me is DHL I paid $265 AUD just in freight. YES it was worth it now I have them, but it's inspired another 10 videos in my series talking about ways to get around this.   the seller made it a bit easier by sending me a free sticker 🙄

eBay Lima and restore and upgrade...

Or

TMC have a lovely exclusive 47 coming out

My last buy was actually a bargain br blue efe hymek .. runs like a dream and looks stunning..

As you say, no idea why this huge market is being ignored.. not colourful enough in the catalogue! 😁

• Like 1