Hornby Select latest software needed for HM7000 ?

HST43

This is a on going problem I’m having with running issues with HM7000 TXS stopping and starting, I’ve come to a conclusion of several testing that the Hornby select is the issue of glitching running as I’ve tested it on my Hornby Elink and it runs fine with out any issues.

Ive checked the firmware on the Hornby Select and it’s running on 11 - 30  would the latest firmware update install work better with HM7000 ?

24 minutes ago, HST43 said:

Thanks for the advice will get it sent out to Hornby for update fingers crossed it will improve the performance 👍

Call customer services to get a returns number. Do not just send it on spec.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, HST43 said:

This is a on going problem I’m having with running issues with HM7000 TXS stopping and starting, I’ve come to a conclusion of several testing that the Hornby select is the issue of glitching running as I’ve tested it on my Hornby Elink and it runs fine with out any issues.

Ive checked the firmware on the Hornby Select and it’s running on 11 - 30  would the latest firmware update install work better with HM7000 ?

If you are just using the Select to power the track then it should not affect bluetooth decoder operations unless you are using the 1-amp PSU, the 4-amp unit is better.

If you are using the Select with the dongle to control legacy locos then the update will help.

I’ve spoke to Glen at Hornby, done a system reset on the elite worked ok for while with just the HM7000 but as soon I plugged in the Legacy dongle the issue came back, I will get the Elite software updated plus upgrade the power supply to 4amp.

46 minutes ago, HST43 said:

I’ve spoke to Glen at Hornby, done a system reset on the elite worked ok for while with just the HM7000 but as soon I plugged in the Legacy dongle the issue came back, I will get the Elite software updated plus upgrade the power supply to 4amp.

You keep on about the Elite. Which controller are you wanting to update. 

The Select is return to works but the Elite can be updated by the user.

The Elite is provided with a 4-amp PSU whereas the Select has a 1-amp PSU but it can use the 4-amp unit.

Both controllers can use the dongle but you must set the app switch to the relevant controller.

Please clarify what you are actually using else the advice you will get is likely to be wrong.

IMG_1906.jpeg

11 hours ago, HST43 said:

Sorry my mistake definitely Select with 1amp psu 😆

Thanks - stick with Plan A - get the Select updated by Hornby and run it from the P9300 4-amp PSU. Dongle switch in the app (as my image) is then set to Select.

• Like 1

It's also one of the first questions you will get when you ask about a power/controller related problem either here or at Hornby customer service so it's a good one to eliminate. When we had a Hornby dealer in Vancouver he always sold his Selects with a 4 amp power supply. Good retailer. I miss them.