Talking TT at Holway Green

taunmarc88

I have uploaded my first ever video to YouTube! We need more TT content out there to counter the negatives and once I started talking I just kept going so I hope it is of some interest and not too much waffle.

• Like 12

That’s an excellent start Marc. No need at all to be apologetic of the running of that. My own modules are grand on their own but don’t line up well at all which is making me wish I’d kept it simple too! As for the electrification of points etc, it’s a skill you always add in when you’re ready. With what you have it’s easy enough to reach and switch manually. And well done too for making the conscious decision to keep the railway ‘real world’ rather than being lured into a touch screen interface. HM7k is great but it’s not for everyone. Keep at it!

• Like 1

Steep learning curve deciding to add Peco Twistlock Point Motors to my layout but stuck with it

Mod edit: You do not need to use the + Quote option for a post unless the thread has moved on since the post was made. Just use the Reply to this topic box underneath. R-

Edited by RB51
Unnecessary quote - removed
  • Like 1

If you're sticking with DC, a good quality controller will improve the running of the locos no end and get rid of that annoying motor buzz. I'd go for a Gaugemaster, they have a lifetime guarantee even if bought second hand as long as any secuurity tabs are present. I'd go for a DS unit just in case you do decide to expand, you can get them for about a 100 quid if you search ebay.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, taunmarc88 said:

@Trevor-353714 I found your videos about a month ago, I really like the layout! The big station is very impressive!

Thanks, I keep seeing things I could do better on it. One day I might redo it, but that is one of the good things about the hobby, you can learn and improve. I started from scratch, and can see the difference between my first builds and what I do now.

• Like 1

That’s why a layout is never really finished 🤣 I have redone parts and changed sections and it’s a great aspect of the hobby, we can change everything 😁

Nice layout Trevor and the Huddersfield station looks great. It’s getting a lot of attention in the real world too, what a glorious building 

• Like 1