Model Railway - What's your latest acquisition?

I remember as a kid, a guy called Parkinson, we later found was a police informer, used to give us glasses of his mead's, they were potent, we were young and they blew your head off.

He was later found dead, the village was Overton near Morecambe,

it was taken over by the cops, eventually they got Noel Fellows for the murder. An ex-copper himself who was taxi-ing for my granddad, Charlie's radio cabs. The first radio cabs in Morecambe.

The copper, Mousley, who was in charge of moors murders

got him, framed him and had him sent down. Paul was in the year higher than me at school, his brother Paul who I knew a little better was in the year younger at school.

Anyway, Noel was sent down but after a period of time a retrial was called due to

evidence found, part was confirmation he couldn't be where he was supposed to have been and murdered Parkinson, he was on a taxi job else where and the log proved it.

Noel was set free, vindicated. The coppers had put 2 and 2 together, he was an ex-cop,

not liked because he didn't like being told what to do, especially if it was wrong and Parkinson being a police informer he must have had something on him.

Noel later wrote a book telling his story, it is called 'Killing Time' it's an excellent, true

story. An innocent man branded a killer the new version of the book was around 1995-96 I think.

What's your latest acquisition

I have just had 2 electric velux windows fitted in the loft so that I can see during the day without lights and not to have to sweat with the heat when ever the summer arrives. I have also had 5 new led spots fitted to

replace all the rubbish lighting I had fitted initially. The difference they have made already is fantastic.

In addition I have had a shelf built half way over my layout where I can easily use my Touchscreen PC and Rail master as well as the Elite controller

and see all my layout at the same time.

My latest acquisition is a SILVER JUBILEE LOCO AND COACH set off ebay. It came with 3 extra coaches. The loco is a loco drive china made QUICKSILVER 2510. The set is in very good condition. It now form pride of place on my layout and my other Silver A4's

now have some Silver Coaches to pull. 6 coach train. The real train had 7 coaches. I am now waiting for the new Blue Box Thompson coaches to come out and then I can repaint my old Blue Box coaches to make the Coronation set.

Latest Acquisition,

Three Coal wagons - Pentwyn, Prestwich and Cambrian Wagon Works - to mu surprise (and relief) these wagons are still being made with the old wide couplings (which I use as standard). However, it must be frustrating for those

who use the new narrow types

My father-in-law today presented me with an LED/KRYPTON HEADLIGHT - SIX LEDs AND A HIGH OUTPUT KRYPTON BULB (made from kryptonite?) for my birthday yesterday. You strap it round your head. I suppose I could go mining with it.....for gold, of course!

Graskie said:

My father-in-law today presented me with an LED/KRYPTON HEADLIGHT - SIX LEDs AND A HIGH OUTPUT KRYPTON BULB (made from kryptonite?) for my birthday yesterday. You strap it round your head. I suppose I could go mining with it.....for

gold, of course!

Happy Birthday yesterday Graskie ;-)

Kryptonite, I always think that sounds like something from a space film.

What more gold!

Is that right you go gold mining in the garage??

Graskie said:

My father-in-law today presented me with an LED/KRYPTON HEADLIGHT - SIX LEDs AND A HIGH OUTPUT KRYPTON BULB (made from kryptonite?) for my birthday yesterday. You strap

it round your head. I suppose I could go mining with it.....for gold, of course!

Graskie said:

My father-in-law today presented me with an LED/KRYPTON HEADLIGHT - SIX LEDs AND A HIGH OUTPUT KRYPTON BULB (made from kryptonite?) for my birthday yesterday. You strap it round your head. I suppose I could go mining with it.....for

gold, of course!

Well there's one thing we can be sure of - Superman will not be visiting Northampton!

But I really am Superman in my dreams. Trouble is, because I'm scared of heights, I feel frightened at the prospect of flying more than a few feet off the ground. I rarely seem to be able to fly high enough to prevent people reaching up at me and

pulling me down I'm aFreud I can't really explain that one, though.

Arrived

A new PC, quad core processor, 1TB drive, 6GB Ram, NVidia GForce graphics card, 2x USB 3.0, 6x USB 2.0, etc

Coming tomorrow

A new 22" touch screen monitor

A new External drive 4TB

Had to write it now LOL. I will be to

busy tomorrow afternoon/night ;-)

I also got a HDJuiceBox (nothing to do with computer or trains)

Bit expensive but it will stream TV, SKY, Blu Ray DVD down the house wiring into another room.

Ethernet would be cheaper but being disabled I cannot

do these things any more.

It saves paying £100 to a TV Aerial company to wire it in, I can take the box where ever we move and just plug in to house mains sockets.

Graskie said:

It all sounds wonderful, PJ. Best of luck setting it all up. Don't forget, though, that, at our age, too much excitement is not good for us.

Now you have spoilt it for me. We have to have something to cheer us

up Graskie.

My wife's chest pains appear to be drugs from her Rheumatoid and Osteo Arthritis, one of them mimics an heart attack. We asked how would we know if it was a real one then, they said, you won't!!!

Unless it is to late of course. The

only thing that gets better as you get older is your train sets.

Graskie said:

It all sounds wonderful, PJ. Best of luck setting it all up. Don't forget, though, that, at our age, too much excitement is not good for us.

Now you have spoilt it for me. We have to have something to cheer us

up Graskie.

My wife's chest pains appear to be drugs, one of them mimics an heart attack. We asked how would we know if it was a real one then, they said, you won't!!!

Unless it is to late of course. The only thing that gets better as you get

older is your train sets.

Graskie said:

Now you have taken the excitement away for me. We have to have something

to cheer us up Graskie.

My wife's pains in her chest appear to be tablets, one of them mimics a heart attack. We asked how would we know if it was a real one then, they said, you won't!

Unless it is to late of course. The only thing that gets

better as you get older is your train sets.

I would have to ask as she is on a few including a chemo one. The forum has tightened up on allowable words I tried 3x to confirm problem she has and heart attack and to let you know.

It is PJ Graskie you keep putting PP, you don't want to upset

PP do you? Easy done I have called you WTD before today, at least it was polite ;-)